Caught speeding

Kent

Basically on my way home from uni, there were roadworks going on, so at traffic lights I let car out infront... I went through completely on green then she obviously lived along there and had to get workmen to move cones to access her drive.. This meant me being last car and having to wait for her.. everyone round corner must have been on green, could see them starting off so put my foot down (only to 35max although Lupo speedo so hard to read). Out of roadworks fat old bloke fully in black with black motorbike hidden behind bush and hidden camera sign on back of bike must have got me...

Only thing i'm not sure about, I read the camera has to be on you for 3 seconds (car would have been blocking me) and I would have been doing 35 for about 2 seconds before I braked. Only got my GTI on the 9th last saturday so real pissed. But V5 has only just been sent off on that day so how long will my punishment take to come through.

This looked similar size to camera he had, - 9521.jpg

He didn't seem to move it from his face as I passed, does it take a photograph or would I have been pulled there and then? Up the road I saw no rozzers hiding in lay-by or anything either.

So annoyed, what you guys reckon?

I have never heard of an unmarked single crewed motorcyclist speed trap. Not sure it was even a PC you saw tbh.

35 on your speedo is about 33 actual speed, which is below the ACPO guidelines for prosecution.

Fair enough, i thought they were always fully visible too i.e police clothing etc?

ACPO traffic enforcement guidelines state that 'The operator must be clearly visible to the public and the target vehicle throughout the check'

That statement is obviously open to interpretation, and guidelines are just that

theres a few undercover bikes up here, as with the camera, unless it takes a picture they have to pull you over.

Whilst it would be the norm to do so, you dont have to be pulled. A recording from the camera is not the main evidence, it is merely an automated 'notebook' of sorts. The primary evidence is of the Officer concerned - indeed, the equipment is only there to confirm and corroborate the Officers prior observations of the vehicle exceeding the posted limit.

In other words, they shouldnt be randomly pointing it at cars and hoping for a hit.

with the camera I posted does that record details and if v5 only got sent off 5 days ago so wouldn't yet be registered in my name... How long till I'm in clear as normal 14 days won't apply will it?

i think your scott free after 14 days.

I accelerated pretty hard towards a marked and manned Police car parked aththe side of the road yesterday. I'll await my fate via Postman Plod.

Even though not registered in my name yet?

I dont know about that to be honest. They have to send the NIP to the registered keeper within the time limit, but have up to 6 months to prosecute the actual driver of the vehicle. Depends on how quick the DVLA are feeling I suppose.

The authority has to post the ticket at a time that it is likely, given no unusual circumstances, that it will be received by the recipient within 14 days.

Was this the camera? 6eufg00z.jpg

That is an LTI 20-20 Speedscope, which is capable of recording, but only to an external source so it would have to be plugged into a box.

When you say there were signs, do you mean permanent signs or a temporary one next to the biker?

Mate, chill out and don't worry about it, from what you've said i'm pretty sure you wont have been caught. Even if you have, there's no point in worrying about it, its a small(ish) fine and 3 points at the worst, normally this doesn't even affect insurance!

The amount of times i've crapped myself thinking that i've been caught speeding and i've not, i just don't care anymore, worry when a letter comes through the post and even then, its no biggy.

In 2003-4 speeding fines generated £112 million. Of that, £92 million was ploughed back into installing and operating the cameras. :o :o

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/southwest/series7/speed-cameras.shtml

pretty interesting article, basically says if you have been caught...there probably wrong anyway :L so yeah, chill ;)