Calling RobGti!

ChrisA

Don't know if im being ripped off (probably..) but i paid £40 for this spoiler 2 weeks ago and doesnt look like im getting it. I texted him after a week asking where it was and he said he hadnt even posted it yet, then i had to text again and he said he would post next day and that was wednesday i think.

So are you lazy or scammer, either way just post this spoiler or send cash back :angry:

I've dealt with Rob lots of times in the past. Im sure something has come up to cause him to delay. Hes a good guy and not a scammer.

Edited by fatttty

Chill bro, he is definatly not a scammer, but most probably tied up with something, give him another text and i'm sure it will be resolved.

He is a decent and well respected member so will work out fine i hope! :D

Chill bro, he is definatly not a scammer, but most probably tied up with something, give him another text and i'm sure it will be resolved.

He is a decent and well respected member so will work out fine i hope! :D

Still no excuse to mess someone about. Being a 'respected' member is no excuse.

You put something up for sale, be prepared to ship it as soon as the cash comes in. I normally have the item packaged up, just ready to scribble a postage address on it and get it down the post office. If you're a regular post office customer and ask nicely they'll even give you the labels for the return address to save you doing it there :)

Good luck sorting it.

Did i even say he could use it as an excuse....errrr no, just people jump the gun and say that people are ripping others off, when it might not be the case....for all you know his mum might of died or something **hope she hasn't**, that's my point.

The reason for me saying he is a respected member is that he doesn't only have 1 or 2 posts so is less likely to scam...

shimples....

Still no excuse to mess someone about. Being a 'respected' member is no excuse.

True but I'd also like to say that I've dealt with him and he was sound.

Jon

Edited by northwick

As I said in the text I sent it Thursday 1st thing u won't recive post on a Sunday or a bank holiday, I'm no scammer! I've already appoligised for the delay, if that's not good enought send it back and il refund u the money.

Think of this as negative feedback then. I'm sure loads of people have had no bother but i've had one dealing which by the time i get it will be 3 weeks since i paid. I texted after a week and got a reply "i have not been home for a week" now this is fine if it states in the ad that it wont be posted until a weeks time etc but theres me thinking it'll be here any second and sorting mates out to paint and give up there time.

If he had replied saying his mother had died this wouldnt exist so dont chip in with nonsense... Normally when I post out on a thursday its there by saturday (which is a delivery day too) ok maybe i jumped the gun a bit but im sure its understandable when I have paid for a service at the end of the day.

I wont send it back I will just be happy when it turns up

Surely if there was a major problem though you would have rang him? Also maybe you should have checked with him when you bought it when was the earliest he could get it posted out for or if you did need it urgently then let him know that you needed it the next day etc! Rob is not a scammer (having being messed about in the past by people) it's not something he'd do to someone else! IMO you got a good deal with the spoiler, it's been sent out in the post now, and he did send it Thursday, can't help the post being delayed! :)

Maybe not a scammer but its not a way to do a sale , if its paid for it should be shipped unless the person is notified fully of any situations, people are complaining saying why chris didnt ring , now why didnt rob???

How am i speaking nonsense when i am JUST PROVIDING AN EXAMPLE OF A SITUATION, i suppose it's stupid of me to think that people could be more understanding...

Just to make it clear though, if there is a delay in posting out one of my products then i keep the purchaser up to date all the way though, but if a certain situation was to arrise (like the example i gave) the product and posting would be the least of my worries...

That is all i have to say on the matter and sorry to cause offence to anyone

Status as a neutral party confirmed :P

I find this topic interesting as i tried to purchase a sidelight from robgti and after a few pm's back and forth regarding me getting some pictures to satisfy myself before purchasing the contact stopped and i never got the pictures after an initial apology about being so busy.

I got fed up of trying so gave up, seems robgti is a very busy man indeed, coincidentally i looked up messer in the oxford english dictionary and the definition came out as robgti - clublupo - united kingdom.

As someone who has sold a fair few things here in the past, its crap because you get 50 PMs asking you to sell a gearbox for a tenner etc and i just lost interest. Not saying that applies here where the seller has had a delay in posting so valid point, but rather than post here and whinge, get into a payphone if your mobile costs that much, and 40p will get you half an hour talking to the man himself.