Lupo -v- Ford GT

Jack

Have just taken these pictures of the Loop with a friend's new Ford (which arrived yesterday from USA).

Hmmmm ..... tough choice. VW build quality or Ford's performance - GT went quite well ..... even nippier than the Loop bb4083bc.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

aea228e9.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Yes, but has the GT got rear headrests - No.

In fact, has it got any headrooom - No laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> (friend warned me to duck when I closed the door for the first time).

Rear visibility - in case someone behind is trying to overtake :wink: - No.

...... and as for noise - when the driver puts his foot down you can hardly here eachother for that lump in the engine bay behind twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

Jack

Jack, does your friend by any chance use the evo forum with the username exiges, real name david I think?

His previous cars weren't a gunmetal 360 Spider, red 355 GTS, silver VX220, Blue GT3 and a Merc S600 (not all at the same time!) were they?

QUOTE(AndyW)
Jack, does your friend by any chance use the evo forum with the username exiges, real name david I think?

His previous cars weren't a gunmetal 360 Spider, red 355 GTS, silver VX220, Blue GT3 and a Merc S600 (not all at the same time!) were they?

Errr... what about the 2 x R34 Skylines, 2 x Porsche Boxsters, Supercharged Exige, Ford Capri (and a rather fast black GT2)

Might be the same guy :wink:

Jack

I was about to ask the same thing Andy!

H'e been posting like mad on EVO, updates every 5 minutes smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> But then I would too if I was getting one! Has he still got the Exige, btw?

QUOTE(Jack)
QUOTE(AndyW)

Errr... what about the 2 x R34 Skylines, 2 x Porsche Boxsters, Supercharged Exige, F*rd Capri (and a rather fast black GT2)

Might be the same guy :wink:

Jack

Yep, I think it most likely is.

Matt, been reading his posts on evo too, good stuff, and I bet hes chuffed he got it before clarkson eh!

Has he still got the Exige, btw?

The Exige was fantastic but he sold it last year. Only ever drove it once (took it to Supercar Sunday at Gaydon) and have to say it was soooo responsive - about 700kg with a 270BHP supercharged 1.8. Was running with Brian Drought in his Elise and Exiges in his Ferrari 355 - good fun! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

The Ford GT is stunning to look at and pretty damned quick, but I'd rather have a Murcielago - that V12 sound!

Jack

Looks amazing! Not going to bea s rare now though is it as Ford are building 3500 of them.

I take it that your mate isn't Clarkson then as he is still waiting on his!

Someone on EVO was saying that he passengered David's Exige and it was so insanely quick that it got a little boring. Just annihilating anything and everything....doesn't make sense to me wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

And now Brians got a 355, and his Duratec Elise :/

Damn these people are all their money! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

And now Brians got a 355, and his Duratec Elise :/

Damn these people are all their money! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Brian's also still got his Merc 500E, I think.

However, neither of them have got a Loop - although David/ Exiges gets to ride in one sometimes if he asks nicely tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Jack