Madmans Red Lupo

madmanncfc

ill too, the universe really has it in for you right now eh? good news though!

OK today was the day i started to fix the Lupo. Aplogies for the frankly terrible pics i didnt have my camera so was using my crappy iphone one

Went down to the garage around 5pm took the smashed bumper support beam off and was presented with this:

2ef8db88.jpg

Stripped all the stuff off the bumpers:

25c706fb.jpg

Reshaped it (the wierd line is blur from the camera its actually pretty straight:

676a2638.jpg

Primered:

209838be.jpg

Colour coated:

015c0c37.jpg

Laquered:

adf7205d.jpg

Also got a new rear reinforcing bar from a breakers and repainted it as it had some surface rust:

0565328e.jpg

Now all thats left to do tommorrow is rebuild it. I know it doesnt look amazing and the colours a bit off but hey, i dont do bodywork and by having a go ive saved my car from having to be scrapped. And that makes me pretty proud of myself.

:thumbup:

To say ive been the subject of some banter at work is a slight understatement.

:lol:

Nothing wrong with a bit of Japanese engineering! ;)

oh no is that a honda jizz? haha ;)

though joti is right tbf, after my last 2 french pieces of cr@p I decided my next car would be either german or jap. the rest, as they say, is history :thumbsup:

Honestly its utter tosh and im so bored with no car to tinker with.

On the plus side ive though of a modification im almost certain nobody with a lupo has done before.

As some clues it involves a few bits of an old PC and a small electrical device.

Can anyone guess what im up too?

Honestly its utter tosh and im so bored with no car to tinker with.

On the plus side ive though of a modification im almost certain nobody with a lupo has done before.

As some clues it involves a few bits of an old PC and a small electrical device.

Can anyone guess what im up too?

Computer controlled AA gun ? .

Just seen this build! epic work in a short space of time! Mrs Madman must be very patient lol You sooo need to put up a how to for the glove box!!!

Thanks mate. Mrs Madman's awesome i run everything i do past her and she always just says "its your car love, ill help if you need it", its great :wub:

The next time i get the glove box out for whatever reason ill try and do a how too. In the meantime if anyone tries it and gets stuck pm me and ill try and help.

I run everything past Mrs Koop, she says 'how are you going to pay for that then?' & has a massive sulk, then I do it anyway, then we have an argument about it. Sounds like you have a much better arrangement :lol:

:lol:

Weve never really been like that mainly due to having a per-arranged money system.

We pay all the bills and work out how much money we have left save half the split the other half 50 50 between us. That way we both have our own money so she doesn't complain when i spend 2 weeks installing a glove box and i don't moan when she buys handbags or shoes.