Does the fox have a future in the VW scene?

marcusgrant

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Do you seriously think that ?

Yes. That right person may put a VR6 or a G60 in it, but followers are bound to follow where the leaders lead.

Luke had\has a red one lowered on merc 'caps. Looked good at Leeds last year and at NE the year before. Simple and OEM.

was gonna do sum more but it took enough to make the thing loody standard in the first place..

if done right i reckon they can look as good as anything else really

vwfoxsunrise1600.jpg

foxp.jpg

Edited by jamiea7x

You may be able to make one look nice but it doesn't take away from the fact they are awful to drive, awful inside, and why buy a Fox when you can buy a Lupo? Sorry but when I was looking at buying one before I got the Lupo it just felt like a horrible little car, I'm very glad the next dealership I went to had a yellow Lupo on the forecourt...

Maybe when prices drop to the current price of a Lupo people may start buying them, but I don't think they'll take off that much. Although, look at the quality of Lupos being built now to 3 or 4 years ago, because of the price they've became accessible to younger people and as such the quality of modded Lupos has gone through the roof.

Yes. That right person may put a VR6 or a G60 in it, but followers are bound to follow where the leaders lead.

Luke had\has a red one lowered on merc 'caps. Looked good at Leeds last year and at NE the year before. Simple and OEM.

I disagree,

There horrible and no one will ever bother to do a decent one, if they did, i doubt very much there would be a sudden increase in the amount of fox's in the vw scene...

• 3 weeks later...

i've got a fox and started modding it, i've had the boot smoothed out and bump strips removed, lowered 100mm, just deciding on wheels just now, thinkin about gettin the door handles smoothed out too. also think it's great to drive, absorbes bumps in the road just as well as any other car with a longer wheel base, very spacious inside. As far as lupo's go i think they look hideous standard except for the gti!

put your toys back in the pram mate the fox is an ugly car just face it, i agree if someone with enough money bought one they could look decent but i wouldn't ever consider having one it would just cost to much money and after spending all that money the realisation will hit that it is indeed still a fox and there could be alot of crying yourself to sleep after it

I disagree,

There horrible and no one will ever bother to do a decent one, if they did, i doubt very much there would be a sudden increase in the amount of fox's in the vw scene...

...but I grew up in the age of the Variant. Nobody was that interested in them as it was all about Beetles and Karmanns, but look now, squarebacks, notchbacks and fastbacks all over the aircooled scene.

Sometimes the underdog has it's day.

Very true Silver, if i could get my hands on one for the right price i'd go for it, must have been cool for Luke to be able to turn up to shows have THE only one of their model being shown! I'm thinking 1.4 TFSI stripped out, gets rid of the cheap interior and makes it go!

Its just currently the 'scene' thing to slag them off

Edited by bobbo