Stu's Lupo Gti- ICE SQ install/Custom Dash

One life. Live it!

Looking good, looks to low on the front in my opinion but with the new wheels on it might look better.

yes I agree! It's all being set up correctly on Saturday. They guy who did the coilovers just wound it down to see how low it would go!

This weeks very, very extra special ingredient!!!

ab41c6de.jpg

more to come........

carbon fibre?

carbon fibre?

Thats what I was thinking, Vac-packed Carbon fibre rear interior panels.

This car is going to be awesome, hats off to you!

Edited by Gibbeth!

carbon fibre?

Yes, Dubsy, the rear panels are being vacuum packed for a nice wrap of carbon fibre! That's not the only place though- pics to follow later!

vac packed is the best way to carbon fibre such a better finish, we have similar taste :lol:

Thats what I was thinking, Vac-packed Carbon fibre rear interior panels.

This car is going to be awesome, hats off to you!

Thanks :D I'm understandably very excited as the finished article is within spitting distance. Been driving my van since January and FINALLY I will be getting it back on the road!

The project is a dream build for me - had loads of cars - all of which I've tinkered with but nothing comes close to this!

More vacuum pack fodder!

34b181dd.jpg

d04dd81b.jpg

and probably my favourite bit to be transformed by carbon fibre...Cue Rolf Harris " can you guess what it is yet?"

6a5fcc87.jpg

looking tastey stu!

good luck next weekend!

Cheers Rob! Be interesting to see how the loop scores for it's first outing! ;)

and probably my favourite bit to be transformed by carbon fibre...Cue Rolf Harris " can you guess what it is yet?"

6a5fcc87.jpg

Looks like the centre section of the dash?

Whats the process for vac-packing CF bits and pieces? Is it easier than without vac-pack?

Looks like the centre section of the dash?

Whats the process for vac-packing CF bits and pieces? Is it easier than without vac-pack?

I feel sure vac packing will give a superior finish but I know that there's quite a bit of prepping both before and after to ensure perfect finish. James has spent quite a bit of time manufacturing moulds to then accept the carbon.

The big bag shows the centre binnacle and airvents getting ready to get the treatment. There will also be a tie in, within the bootbuild to continue the theme. Looking forward to seeing the carbon fibre set against the polished amps- should be a nice contrast.

Next update...

Bootbuild starting to build!!

66bfb034.jpg

Bootbuild trims being made up for carbon detailing later

7ccc7309.jpg

e129f5a7.jpg

I managed to win a new scirrocco steering wheel from Portugal ages ago in preperation for the build. James has managed to adapt some of the wiring so that we can use some of the functions on the steering wheel. If it all goes to plan it should action probably the trickest item in the build! Watch this space!

3e15187c.jpg

f835e7e9.jpg

e1f6e885.jpg

The standard wire was adapted to accept 6 wire ribbon to allow functions on steering wheel to work!

Nice on Stu.

Looking forward to seeing this all finished up, liking the idea of the genesis case for the fuse boxes :shades:

cheers Nick- that was James idea that one. Still want to come up to Dub Mania but I won't get the car back till days before the event. Do you know if I can send entry form without picture?

Stu ;-)

That wheel is for winners.

Only me and you have that.... obviously both two cool cars if i do say so myself! laugh.gif

Yay!! like that! :D

Mutual appreciation then Casper!! I did have a look @ yours at UD but didn't get chance to chat to you - think you must have been partying somewhere!

You have an extremely cool car! If mine is a fraction of your cars coolness il be happy! B)