Stu's Lupo Gti- ICE SQ install/Custom Dash

One life. Live it!

Love the carbon on the dash stu, looks awesome. Just hope you front window doesnt get steamed up! :lol:

cheers Marcus! There will be some venting for the front window, if I was in the lucky enough position to be able to steam my windows up!!! :lol:

I cant get over just how much work hs gone into this car. really cant wait to see it when its all 100% finished :D

Thanks Verity- the latest work will be finished this week alongside some engine detailing so I'm hoping you'll be able to see it very soon too!! :D

All work very near completion now..

Door panels coming on nicely

4ed35645.jpg

3236b56b.jpg

49f5eba0.jpg

abe3c515.jpg

There will be stealth covers over the crossovers - pics to follow .

Much prefer the new engine cover - had it colour matched deep metallic red same as wheels

dcb1cc8c.jpg

New rear 3/4 panels

38ea8ee7.jpg

The custom speaker rings have now been mated with covers

6f6a490b.jpg

Amps have had a good shine

0e83a311.jpg

Dash looking another step forwards

d415f1d8.jpg

82e4a10c.jpg

The tweeter pods are just pure filth!! http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/shades.gif

e00b3974.jpg

2e00972f.jpg

Edited by One life. Live it!

The amount of work thats gone into this is just silly.

The dash and the rest of the interior looks like some where really nice to sit.

Yes, the work and man hours that James has done so far has been mindblowing. I say so far because the bulk of the work has been inside and I still want the loop to stand out outside too - but that'll have to wait.

As I write the last of the work is being done - finishing behind seat and carbon finishing for dash, door card stealth cards and some setting up and adjustment of the sound system.

The reason for all interior work and soundsystem is because this is my daily and i do a 90 minute round trip 6 days a week- may aswell do it in comfort to awesome sounds!!

Looks fantastic. Can't wait til I get the chance to see it :)

Thanks Amber- will be very happy to show it to you. I think realistically the next watercooled biased show will be players.

Am going to Cornwall jamboree this coming weekend so this will be the new debut.

looking so good! keep up the hard work!! :D

Hey Sam! Thanks! Glad your back on the site!

Well, I got the Lupo back BUT some stuff still to do. Sound system sounding much better and I reckon there's still room for some more with some tweaking of the settings. I've got a gap in the day tomorrow so gonna give it a good clean inside and out and il put some pics up.

The dash inserts were not quite finished so James has put a vinyl carbon wrap temporarily. The centre binnacle carbon fibre looks awesome as do the tweeter pods.

Been some finishing behind the seat - the distribution unit and processor have a deep

red alcantera cover now.

Dash leather has been totally redone and looks loads neater and smoother.

All of the doorpanels front and back have been redone with matching leather - lost a bit of the carbon detailing but that's made up for with the overall finish.

The speakers look much better with grilles now- more 'finished'.

To ensure maximum cooling of the amplifiers cooling fans have been added tinthe rear shelf which has now also been finished in leather. Phew!

WOW! looks awesome Stu!

Thanks Alex! Photos to follow! I lime primed and dodo juiced my Lupo today in the rain!

Got a canopy @ work so I can do half of it at a time!!

New carbon binnacle looking LOADS better!!

171eff57.jpg

dd2077d3.jpg

Still waiting for dash inserts so James did a temporary vinyl wrap. I'm really pleased how the tweeters have come out..

ae7713f3.jpg

dc16c780.jpg

More to follow..

7800ae68.jpg

looking great as always stu the tweeter pods look a million dollars its a shame the guy whos doing your install is so far away i would love him to do some work for me

very niceeeee

Cheers Rob! Glad you approve! I'd be interested in you having a listen to the system actually, as you heard it first before it had been set up properly. There is still some adjustment but it's sounding better again!

looking great as always stu the tweeter pods look a million dollars its a shame the guy whos doing your install is so far away i would love him to do some work for me

Thanks Karl - must admit I'm really pleased with how they've turned out !

Depends on what you wanted done but James does travel. I can pass on details if you wanted to talk through stuff with him- just let me know!

You must have a show this weekend? Taking the loop and van down to Cornwall jamboree on Friday. Really looking forward to kicking back for a bit. Weather forecast looks good - not that that's anything to go by!! Lol

Thanks Karl - must admit I'm really pleased with how they've turned out !

Depends on what you wanted done but James does travel. I can pass on details if you wanted to talk through stuff with him- just let me know!

You must have a show this weekend? Taking the loop and van down to Cornwall jamboree on Friday. Really looking forward to kicking back for a bit. Weather forecast looks good - not that that's anything to go by!! Lol

cheers stu pm me his number, ive got the north east vw show this weekend so the car will be parked on the clubstand all day and i will be working making sure the show goes smoothly i hope the weather holds! hope you have a good weekend its edition next weekend im looking forward to that!

cheers stu pm me his number, ive got the north east vw show this weekend so the car will be parked on the clubstand all day and i will be working making sure the show goes smoothly i hope the weather holds! hope you have a good weekend its edition next weekend im looking forward to that!

Cheers Karl- hope you have a very enjoyable (sunny!) show!

At the moment it's not looking favourable for edition for me which is a huge shame as I wanted to break my edition cherry!!

Have an awesome time!!

Stu ;-)

Amazing work. Really can not wait to hear this.

Cheers Ben- will look forward to giving you a demo. The processor allows 4 different sound settings- at the moment the one that is sounding the most accurate is the setting for EMMA competitions. In the next few months James and I will be having a listening session to set up for different music. Interestingly enough my music tastes are developing in the quest to find more musical music- if that makes sense!

I love my house/electronic but now also listening to more acoustic and stuff with real instruments. I'm dissapointed with a lot of the compressed/ poorly recorded stuff out there!

It's always a pain finding good quality music. I've given up and just listen to the electro house I like these days.

I'm love my deep house and some of the techy stuff and it's good stuff but not always produced to sound it's best. My electronic stuff I normally get from chemical records as they have an excellent selection. I have had problems though with some of the samplers being a little thicker than usual and currently have one stuck in my vans head unit!

Some really nice stuff coming out from freerange records- they have a free podcast on iTunes FYI!

Just got back from the Cornwall Jamboree over the bank holiday and thought I'd include some photos.

9c7830eb.jpg

On the show and shine field - had some great feedback now it's getting more 'show ready'.

91af609b.jpg

Done a bit more cleaning of the engine- more to come

Thought i'd add some of the build including recent changes

9d90175c.jpg

Doorbuilds now have carbon out, crossovers and logo in and more leather-looking neater overall

0c6f4c17.jpg

New rear 3/4 panels again without carbon bit neater with new leather

0e633123.jpg

New panel cover for distribution unit and processor -still adjusting to sit right.

ea690b91.jpg

New shelf has built in fans for cooling amps

8160f30e.jpg

Don't think I included before roof panel in situ showing adapted logo for Direct Current

013490f2.jpg

This weekends reward -2nd in class for all vw custom watercooled 91-05. Was pleased as I was up against golfs and audis and some awesome builds!! :-)