Stu's Lupo Gti- ICE SQ install/Custom Dash

One life. Live it!

Wow stu!!...if you remember I live in Newport so if it's cool I would like to come and see this in the flesh?...

You'd be very welcome to come over for a look & demo when it's done. Was hoping to catch the last couple of shows for this year but there is still a fair few bits to do. It's going back up to Manchester for the last bit of work but il keep you posted! :-)

Thats some nice work! shame not ported :( other than that for me ,its perfect:)

The sub in the dash is very good but the rear 10's are just a little treat. I love my dance/electronic etc so it should help give a little kick. It is a sound quality system so rather than out and out SPL it will hopefully get some lower sub bass frequencies. Glad you like! :-)

great work as always stu which rear drivers are you using?

Hey Karl, Last time I spoke to Dave we were talking about the Genesis Audiophiles. I will post a few more pics up as apart from rear subs there is sound. Gotta say even though it's had minimal tuning time the sound quality is better than anything I've had before. Well pleased & still some improvements to be made.

Hows things with you? ;-)

Another new feature are the A pillars. Instead of the plastic strip new moulds have been made in fibreglass then covered in Alcantera.

1E385CD9-A84D-432C-AA9E-50A49EB94722-465-00000052E419F23A.jpg

You can see the new dash colour- not finished yet as the front midrange pods will be body colour, centre dash section & centre console will be alcantera & leather.

8F742CA9-22B4-4830-B767-3A6CCE643D74-1054-000000EC87695A80.jpg

43BB2539-6965-4D0B-9B51-946C69A66C53-1054-000000ECD2F710FF.jpg

As all the front end speakers are up on top of the dash all of the sound is too. The soundstage fills the whole windscreen & with the specific speaker placements the sound appears to come from outside the boundaries of the car. Width wise it's out at the tips of the door mirrors , depth wise beyond the windscreen & over the bonnet in some cases. That's what I love, sound that defies the size of the car!

Hey Karl, Last time I spoke to Dave we were talking about the Genesis Audiophiles. I will post a few more pics up as apart from rear subs there is sound. Gotta say even though it's had minimal tuning time the sound quality is better than anything I've had before. Well pleased & still some improvements to be made.

Hows things with you? ;-)

im very well thanks stu i did edition 38 last weekend, the audiophiles should give a very smooth sound as for the front end it all looks very plush will it ever be finished :tongueout:

im very well thanks stu i did edition 38 last weekend, the audiophiles should give a very smooth sound as for the front end it all looks very plush will it ever be finished :tongueout:

Did you enjoy Edition?

I think the audiophiles will hopefully help to get some of the lower tones - thats the plan. There are other more in your face subs but hopefully they will do the trick! :-)

As for finishing? Let's hope this year? :-)

• 1 month later...

Still improving things - finally it WILL be ready for next season!

Rear sub box has had lambswool liner to minimise backwaves/ less resonance. Very snug!

09A69D66-6402-4632-858E-D8C59A9E1FF5-593-0000003FCFF47453.jpg

B57E8503-87FE-45BE-88F8-F50C8E0FBB16-593-0000003FCED5B57C.jpg

3C31C2FB-36A1-4B48-B570-23343862ABBD-593-0000003FCBAFBF92.jpg

Next stainless T bolts fitted to fully secure & mount subs

FB54F920-140F-4B1A-8CCB-4207349275CF-593-0000003FC6E8BCDC.jpg

Love the way they look with the bolts too!

40C2BE15-87E6-4EA6-9850-891A52A7D0EA-593-0000003FD7498650.jpg

814CB158-8AC3-4FA1-8241-81056512523D-593-0000003FDAFF4386.jpg

A07686BF-BBDF-42C4-BCEA-5B29247B4D69-593-0000003FE38D48FD.jpg

These rear subs integrate with the front sub - rear set to play lower frequencies than front.

Edited by OnelifeLiveit!

I want to lock myself in it and listen to machine head until I go deaf.

It ain't gonna be ear splittingly loud just crystal clear & accurate but you'd be welcome of a demo! :-)

Love it

Cheers Carl! :-)

Edited by OnelifeLiveit!

The dash has been getting a bit of attention too. The centre console now has been trimmed with contrasting Alcantera.

595E4927-D474-46A5-8550-33F38B5EB4BF-593-0000003FEB42648E.jpg

The iPad covers the air con & vent controls & is taken in/out by a side slot. It was to try & give it a cleaner look. You can see the button to the right which is on a spring action so that the recess button on the iPad can be adjusted.

38938BE9-4FD9-4C66-A310-98669059857E-593-0000003FE5A3994B.jpg

Coming along! :-)

The quality of the work here is second to none mate. Love my audio and seen many professional demo cars and this pisses all over them aesthetically. I bet it performs well too!

The quality of the work here is second to none mate. Love my audio and seen many professional demo cars and this pisses all over them aesthetically. I bet it performs well too!

Thank you! :-) The fella who has been doing the work is the head judge of the sound off organisation that the car competes in. Clever chap!

As for sounds - I got it back for a bit later in the build & really liked it but by all accounts it's performance has really shot up a lot more since its all been fully tuned & adjusted. It's due back soon! Can't wait!

I really hope to do some shows next year so you'd be very welcome for a demo. :-)

Really coming together now isnit :)

Finally yes! ;-) The build started late jan & I had hoped to do a few shows this year but it'll be worth it! :-)

Just heard I got a wildcard entry for the EMMA European soundoff finals in Salzburg in March next year! ;-)

• Like 1

Thank you! :-) The fella who has been doing the work is the head judge of the sound off organisation that the car competes in. Clever chap!

As for sounds - I got it back for a bit later in the build & really liked it but by all accounts it's performance has really shot up a lot more since its all been fully tuned & adjusted. It's due back soon! Can't wait!

I really hope to do some shows next year so you'd be very welcome for a demo. :-)

Yes hope to see it, will certainly look out for you!

Yes please do! Am going to try & get into Ultimate Dubs! :-)

Pfft good luck, wouldnt let our club in as we aren't 'national'. Despite having members spread across the North, with cars of all types and calibers. That includes lupos, arosas, polos, golfs and supercharged RS4s! Oh well ha.

Pfft good luck, wouldnt let our club in as we aren't 'national'. Despite having members spread across the North, with cars of all types and calibers. That includes lupos, arosas, polos, golfs and supercharged RS4s! Oh well ha.

That's a big shame. The standards are really high now. I did think that they were expanding to allow more clubs in but I guess there's bigger demand.

Should be soon, entry for UD 2012 started November '11 & voting began in the December.