Tom's Bagged Yellow & Purple Lupo

Tomjw

Also just came back from Devon & got a few pictures :) Sorry about the rubbish camera quality!

Scenary.jpg

16092010667.jpg

16092010665.jpg

16092010664.jpg

16092010661.jpg

Next on the list are to get the 15" Lensos, filling up the back side window with stickers :) and lowering it a tiny bit more!

Thats what I think im doing eventualy goin back to the original bumpers instead of colour coded! Plus i can have it sittin lower as my bumper is lower than the rest of the car

Hey all! Just thought id post a list of how I had the car before I started the work on it because I feel like most of the members on here think ive just bought NOT built lol. I first got my Lupo back in Feb this year off my mate who works for a body garage. Previous member on here Tom20. Anyways I was selling my Corsa and on the hunt for something abit... "different" lol. I went to my mates garage and noticed his old car (Lupo) covered in snow and left to rot so I decided to rescue her! :D When I took a look at it there was a huge list of problems already just from walking around the car:

Badboy bonnet cracked (New bonnet)

Bumper in primer and out of shape

Waterpump had gone

Temperature sensor gone

Rear interior stripped but filled with wood, dust, car parts... Basicly it was used as a skip!

Interior in need of refitting parts that were in the back and cleaning!

All tyres were below legal limit

All the wheel bolt threads were nakered and needed redrilling with new bolts

Air filter needed fitting and in need of a service

All body panels had missing bolts and needed redrilling and replacing

Single wiper had snapped in the mech and needed replacing with standard 2 wiper arms

Valve stem oil seals needed replacing to pass the MOT due to HIGH emissions (Still havent changed these but it passed the MOT)

Brake pads were 98% worn and calipers were rotten

Most people wouldnt buy a car with so many problems but at £1200 I couldnt complain and I loved the challange of getting it back up and running! First thing I started on was cleaning the interior so I got the black bags and started filling them :) Bearing in mind this was when it was snowing and I was bloody FREEZING! lol. Interior now empty so I can see the floor there was alot of saw dust, dont ask why I dont know lol and glass everywhere so I hoovered it all up and wiped the inside panels down so it was clean. Next on the list was replacing the water pump and temp sensor as I noticed it overheated when I took it for a spin, once this was done I had all the wheel bolt threads redrilled and new bolts fitted along with 2 new tyres. After this I ordered the parts to fit my BMC CDA filter so it wasnt sucking up all the crap off the roads and lifted the coilovers up abit as it was dropped! After all that all that was left was new bonnet sprayed along with the bumper and a bloody good exterior clean!

Hope you enjoyed reading, I just wanted to share how much effort I put into my car I just wish I had before and after pictures!

Cheers, Tom.

You're right, I wouldn't have bought it... even for £1200

At least you've fixed all its problems and are enjoying it now!

When are you changing the front bumper back to standard? I know someone with a spare yellow bumper if you need one ;)

haha the amount of moaning I had off my family for buying this, especially my uncle who works for the RAC took one look at it and said NO! but thats what projects are :D How much do they want for the bumper? Im going to try and fix this one first so it can be sold :)

Yeahhh! :D and because my gfs uncle owns an apartment with a pool on the seafront..and i needed a holiday off work so me n the misses decided to go down :) Weather was gooood! Theres so many classic beetles there aswell :o

• 3 weeks later...

Update...

Got some wheels yesterday off my mate as they were sitting in his shed and he threw in brand new yokohama tyres...

08102010001.jpg

08102010011.jpg

08102010010.jpg

08102010009.jpg

The front still needs lowering abit more to sit better... Wasnt easy fitting them as the caliper needed 2mm grinding off because they were catching in the middle! all good now thoughm, theyre ET20 so sit alot better :)

Good or bad comments welcome! Probly mostly bad as their "fake" but go ahead and moan :)

They cost me £200 and he threw the new tyres in with them which are really good! :)... Its still the same bumper, original upper bumper with Reiger lower bumper... These would be better if the centres were black to match the roof but ah well they look alot better than the slots :) Just need to wind the front coils down abit more! Would love spacers on the rear with some camber aswell

Agreed ^ :) & yeah it needs winding down more on the front! Rears wont go lower but im getting alot of scrub from the D/S rear for some reason :/ even when people are sittin on the opposite side...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey people! Im finally doing what I should of done a longggg time ago...slamming it! Got a cruise coming up so I thought I might aswell have it sittin an inch off the floor as the bumper is ****ed anyways! so pics will be up soon when its done this week!

Hi Tom, it's me, Mike who bought your P Slots. (I'm finally getting them fitted this weekend hopefully)

You know the centre caps you were on about getting made... did you ever get them done? if not do you know how much they were going to be for custom ones?