I pick up my GTi tomorrow!

db

All being well and good i will be picking up my GTi tomorrow and will post pics, spec and how much i got it for tomorrow night. I say all being well and good because there maybe a slight delay as my insurance certificate replacement hasnt come through yet, which i rang up about last friday :roll: The insurance is changed over but the certificate is needed to tax it so i can drive it away.

So my fingers are duly crossed.

I had all sorts of crap with my insurance certificate back in march, meant I picked my car up on the 12th instead of the 1st on new reg day. Not that it really mattered either way in the end, but I was so narked at the time smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Good luck with picking it up, expect an excited post when you do get it, I know I did when I got mine!

good luck mate! check the fecker has locking wheel nuts on while you are there! swearing on here? i do! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Too fecking right, the lovely persons left mine off and it took a month to get a set. I was always relieved to get back and find that the wheels were still on the car.

That is the one thing i forgot to check, it didnt have the compressor kit for punctures so they soon got told about that and are replacing it!

got to take it when you sell it back to a dealer, it's a nice gadget to have and saves you pumping up tyres with a hand pump or taking it down to the garage :wink: I still carry mine biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Good news the insurance has come through, so im off out see ya! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

congrats mate! it seems there is more and more of us polo owners transferring to lupos. i got mine last monday and i go out for drives by myself on night times when im bored (is that sad?! thought not!!) stay safe in it though!

Marvellous there... we want pics etc.. and what's this about locking wheel nuts? Mine ain't got any? sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Marvellous there... we want pics etc.. and what's this about locking wheel nuts? Mine ain't got any? sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I've never checked my car for them either, never occured to me :? Whoops. Have to wait now till I come back in dec.

The beast is mine all mine!

I haven't really had chance to take any pics as it's generally been dark and pics with it in the car park would be sad, so i'll get some up at the weekend. However i do have one sneaky peek

lupo1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Ok so spec is as follows:

March 2001 Y, 36k miles, 5 spd

Reflex silver

Leather - heated

Air con

Side airbags

In dash cd player

I paid £8.5k

I am really pleased with it, the handling is great and I like the fact that it revs, which was something my polo did not do. I havent really given it any great stick yet as im giving myself chance to get used to it. Mines got the locking wheel nuts which is good but there's no tyre repair kit. The compressor is there and the battery but nothing else. I dont suppose anyone has the part number so i can go in and get them to put one in do they( just so they have more chance of getting what i have missing!)?

Looks great mate, wishing I'd got leather, but it was an expensive option if buying new, and they don't add value on used ones so you people who get leather used always get a good deal, nice one.

RE the tyre kit, get vw to give you one, it should come with it, and from vw they cost a fair bit, though they are essentially the same as the £10 a bottle ones you can buy from halfrauds if you wanted not to bother and just buy one.

Have fun with it!

Ah yes, didn't notice the towing eye is missing. Looks quite noticeable on the siler, you'll want to get that back from the dealer or if they haven't got it, get them to order you another one, its part of the car, don't let em get away with not supplying it!

If by the towing eye cover you mean the cover that is inbetween the upper and lower bumper on both sides, it's there. It's just black - i thought it was cus it was an early model. I thought id just go to a bodyshop to get them sprayed.

Pics:

left.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

right.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I'll be getting them colour coded by a body shop, im not to fussed at this moment i'll probably get them done whilst it's in having some coilovers put on, which wont be till the new year, i have to save and it's not easy with christmas. :roll:

QUOTE(bossjohnc)
oooh, interesting...

If you like them, keep them like that - they're modified though - supposed to be silver for sure.

I bet actually they are just the unpainted part, maybe the original owner lost them and these were bought as replacement parts from vw and then they decided for whatever reason not to have them sprayed.