Air Ride Lupos

Plug

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That arosa belonged to a lad called dallan, more photos...

n557510570_3687792_7611.jpg

Yes, it was turbo'd - as far as i know...

It was built by a guy called Carter who was a member here well before more of the people who are around these days. He was a Legend in his own right and helped me out a lot when I got my Lupo.

The Arosa was a 1.4 3cyl TDI (AMF) 75bhp and had a Superchips remap which ran 113bhp.

Dallan merely bought the car already done... Bought not built.

Edited by nfbr

Lol. Was a turbo then! His v6 is better though!

Mines low on coils. Basically if you can afford air you wouldnt be driving a lupo would you haha!

Why not? I'm sure there's plenty of people on here that can afford air but still drive lupos! ;)

n557510570_3687795_89.jpg

Looks a bit w*nk imo. If that's it meant to be low on air, I'd hate to see it low on coilovers. I'm sure I run my A3 lower than that as a daily driver and it gets dogs abuse :lol:

Edited by kenzie

i agree dude, and i'd allways opt for coil's, BUT i still think the uks lacking some seriously stanced air ride loop's...

Suprised no ones had a proper go yet...

what is this seriously stanced you talk of?

I wish I could have afforded to get mine done, but the bags I bought (cheap, on the off chance they would fit) were just too big (UVAIR strut bags won't fit in the front strut hole of a Lupo FYI) I'm going over to the states in a few months, and providing I've not lost interest I'll probably sneak a pair of narrower air struts and some small rear bags back over with me - I really want the car on the floor with some big wheels tucked in the arches. Small and wide looks great, but I fancy a change :)

Edited by cobblers

Lupo's don't have a strut hole, the strut is fitted to the hub by 2 bolts through a bracket :wacko:

i get what he means the bags would be touching the inner arch nothing to do with how they fit to the hub

i get what he means the bags would be touching the inner arch nothing to do with how they fit to the hub

Yeah, that's it. There was about 5mm space outside, and they touched inside - this was before I put any air in them too :(

im planning on fitting air early next year, after taking the lupo out for its debut at the weekend and driving 400 mile iv already cracked the paint on all 4 arches from scrubbing so much, air is the only option for me because of where i live and the quality of roads

Just my 2p worth.

Bag's or Balls.

Bags=Sitting low when parked up???? **** stance when rolling (most of the time)

Cars are for driving - Not for parking

Balls = Dropped as far are you are wanting to go. Dodging pot holes, cat eyes and uneaven roads?

I've got loads of thead left on my coils but cant go any lower. Before i went away i couldnt go over cat eyes or uneaven roads with my classics on.

Airbags are for homos

And as for if you had the cash for air you wouldn't be driving a lupo?????

Whats that all about?

You calling lupo owners cheapos

im planning on fitting air early next year, after taking the lupo out for its debut at the weekend and driving 400 mile iv already cracked the paint on all 4 arches from scrubbing so much, air is the only option for me because of where i live and the quality of roads

That is fair enough, the roads over here are shocking. I've done about 3000 miles of driving in NI & Donegal and have totally killed my suspension. Good excuse for coilies when i get home tho...

Just my 2p worth.

Bag's or Balls.

Bags=Sitting low when parked up???? **** stance when rolling (most of the time)

Cars are for driving - Not for parking

Balls = Dropped as far are you are wanting to go. Dodging pot holes, cat eyes and uneaven roads?

I've got loads of thead left on my coils but cant go any lower. Before i went away i couldnt go over cat eyes or uneaven roads with my classics on.

Airbags are for homos

i had my car freshly resprayed, iv done 400 mile and thrashed all 4 arches and paint is flaking already from scrubbing so much and most of the road i was driving on was motorway finished with a good surface so that will give you an idea how badly im rubbing

id always run it on coliies if i could but its just not an option anymore

i had my car freshly resprayed, iv done 400 mile and thrashed all 4 arches and paint is flaking already from scrubbing so much and most of the road i was driving on was motorway finished with a good surface so that will give you an idea how badly im rubbing

id always run it on coliies if i could but its just not an option anymore

Would it not be a better option to get the arches/wheels/stance sorted before you got the car painted?

I ****ed my tyres, arches, wish bone and a front bumper from not even 200miles. But it was worth every min.

DSC_9351.jpg

Was planning on 8" on rear for a daily but would have to change the front bumer back to normal and bring up a bit or go through a gearbox every few thousand.

Back to the drawing board.

DSC_9335.jpg

before springs settled

Edited by b19jow

i had arches pulled and rolled obviously before i painted it, i wasnt expecting to have as many issues as i did with fitting the wheels, hence having to run spacers and therefore there being an issue with my arches

i could just drive it round raised it up a bit but i dont want to as its only gonna be brought to shows or the odd weekend drive

How its sitting now, but stil need to sort out the stance more but for now it'l have to do as i dont have the time :(

lupo-3.jpg

its all a learning curve

Edited by orla