tempted swap cars again... have i gone mad?

right im totaly bored with the extremly comon mk4 golf. even though it is the 150bhp GTi diesil, im fed up of explaining its a GTi but a diesil etc . however i have fallen in love with the Audi A4 Avant , more especially this one

avant3.jpg

avant1.jpg

avant2.jpg

have i gone mad that at 23 i want an estate? i think not , but the mrs thinks that estates are for farmers....

I was looking at them when I bought the Bora. The main problem with them was that they'd all done a million bloody miles.

As and robust a car as they are, at higher mileage repair costs are quite high, especially if bushes start to go on the front end.

i love it, a couple of weeks in you hands and it'll be looking pimp as ****.

where as ive had the golf for nearly a year and done nothing other than put a DVD player headunit in it and replace a few broken bits :lol:

I would mate, looks good. Plus all that stuff you can get in the boot. Metric ass load of space for shopping ;)

I would mate, looks good. Plus all that stuff you can get in the boot. Metric ass load of space for shopping ;)

still have mine and its the facelift s line 2,0 tdi 140bhp fully loaded bose etc cant shift it

Do it Craig, loved mine to bits and better looking than the golf. The only think that went wrong was a wheel bearing in the year or so I had it, did like a drink though (remapped 1.8t and quattro and tosser behind the wheel)

Is it not just swapping one slightly dull car for another (presumably newer) dull car. The S4 at least has the pretty meaty engine and sleeper looks going for it though. Unless you are super tight and/or can't be arsed refuelling often I don't really get why you'd swap your already diesel cor another equally diesel car with a slightly bigger load space.

Unless of course you like that, in which case go for it!

Boss at work has an S4. Lovely V8. Not cheap though...the V8 Avants still go for ÂŁ15k, and for 15k I'd probably get a B5 RS4 instead.

I do like Audi estates, but I'd imagine you'd get bored of it fairly quickly - if I was in the estate mood, I'd be getting a 159 Sportwagon....guy on the Alfa forum has on lowered on 19s and it looks absolutely stunning. So good infact, that if they actually made a 159 with a decent engine, I'd take one over an RS4 without blinking...and I like RS4's!

Do it Craig, loved mine to bits and better looking than the golf. The only think that went wrong was a wheel bearing in the year or so I had it, did like a drink though (remapped 1.8t and quattro and tosser behind the wheel)

see thats it , the golf i can live with it being a bit boring to drive, however im fed up of looking like everyother golf out there. i want the 130bhp diesil and map it up to about 170/180bhp as any more than that where i stay with the mud and rain is asking for a BIG accident. the number of times i almost binned the ibiza due to hitting rain on a muddy road and the front wheels spinning......