The unluckiest Vauxhall in the world

heartagram

So its starts a couple of weeks ago, at BVF actually. On my way home bobbing along as you do and I got followed by a cop car. Anyway, pulls me over tells me to follow him to the police station in Derbyshire so I follow him back. 4 officers check over my car and deem it unsafe for road use. Cops recorded the mileage of the car and said it can't be driven anymore. No issues, officers were sound so called the RAC and they came picked my car up on a flat bed. Got home and dumped the car around the corner cause there isn't enough space on our street for all the cars. Since mine wouldn't be moving anyway thought best to have it out of the way. So I have the car to weigh in. Filled it with loads of car crap I don't want and all I had to do was take some petrol out of it cause I had just put £40 in fuel in the car before the cops stopped me.

So the other day I nipped up to my mates and grabbed an electric fuel pump to pump all fuel out of it and into some jerry cans. I needed to get him an interior to from the scrappy so yesterday I went down the scrapyard. Walked in and though "that looks like my car" walked over and saw the plate and it was my ****ing car!! Turns out someone has blagged the window, trashed the steering column and just lifted my car and weighed it in!

Luckily I know the guy in the yard cause I've been going there since I was about 16 so he was sound with me. He even said I can take the car back if I want, but its not really worth the arse ache of it all.

But aye, I was canny surprised when I wondered into the yard and saw my car which I thought was round the corner.

Cheeky bunch of lovely persons eh!?

as they would have had to get a traffic officer to inspect it, yes their opinion does represent what is and isn't roadworthy.

they are hardly gonna condemn a perfectly legal car are they, and as kam was gonna scrap it, i get the feeling that it was a heap of crap.

Edited by Adam K

they are hardly gonna condemn a perfectly legal car are they, and as kam was gonna scrap it, i get the feeling that it was a heap of crap.

I wouldn't be so sure... I had a police man tell me my bora was un-roadworthy because it "Had the wrong tyres fitted"

After a quick phone call on my part to a local Tyre Depo to confirm they were infact perfectly fine for my size of wheel, I was allowed to go.

I wouldn't be so sure... I had a police man tell me my bora was un-roadworthy because it "Had the wrong tyres fitted"

After a quick phone call on my part to a local Tyre Depo to confirm they were infact perfectly fine for my size of wheel, I was allowed to go.

yes, but were you about to scrap the car?

why would he be scrapping it if it was a perfectly good car?

Because he might get more money than selling it on?

Quick and easier than selling it?

Maybe he just doesn't care or isn't made of money so needed a cheap run about, it will have had tax,mot,insurance, which is more than alot of cars out there have!

At least he was a man about it, didnt argue and got it transported home.

errr, surely the scrappage incentive involves buying a new car too, and owning the old car for more than a year.

so your theory goes out the window there.

Sorry Adam, I forgot to ask Kam if he was buying a new car before I posted that... My Mistake.

Prïck