Mobile Phones

Steve TDI

My contract is due for renewal anytime soon now and I was wanting to know what you recommend to get.

I'm with Voda right now and it's not a problem changing from them. I've got a SE K850.

I do not want the phone to slide open or flip open. I just want to use it.

Touch screen or buttons not a problem.

Internet a must (i'm sure that all new phones now have it).

Also what price plans are good these days? I'm paying £45 a month for 500 text 500 mins (stop the clock) and unlimited web. That amount just about covers me. Any less and I will end up having to pay for it.

Post away.........

I know you said you dont want a slide phone but if you love Sony Ericsson phone's then I think this would be a good choice:

sony-ericsson-c905-exclusive-pic.jpg

It has a superb camera on it 8.1mp.

I upgraded from the K850i as well and its pritty much the same. Internet is so easy to use on it.

Its got GPS, Wi-Fi, Radio and allot more!

I love it, its a great mobile phone!

Its worth a look!

Edited by VWR Lupo

I can't stand this one :lol:

It keeps on switching itself off. Locking up. Signal is bad. I won't be sorry to see it go.

Cheers for your help though. :cheers:

Tigs: Why is this new one better than the older version?

I know you said you dont want a slide phone but if you love Sony Ericsson phone's then I think this would be a good choice:

sony-ericsson-c905-exclusive-pic.jpg

It has a superb camera on it 8.1mp.

I upgraded from the K850i as well and its pritty much the same. Internet is so easy to use on it.

Its got GPS, Wi-Fi, Radio and allot more!

I love it, its a great mobile phone!

Its worth a look!

My speaker went yesterday, turns out to be a very very common problem on the C905. I don't like mine anymore, it takes about 2 minutes to turn on( :angry: :angry:) and the internet is a joke.

Your problems will all begin soon enough lol, my friend is on her 4th one for the same faults every time, speaker stops working and buttons for navigation as well.

mines away for the second time, have told them that if it goes wrong again then i dont want the unit at all, and would want to get a different phone..

• 3 weeks later...

If you are on contract, there is only one reason not to get an iPhone and that only applies if you are a cheepskate who won't buy a camera for taking photos :P

Dunno about the phone, but with regards to your price plan, I'm on Dolphin 40, with orange, a £40 a month contract, which i get for £35 because I traded in my old phone. I get 750 minutes and unlimited texts, free internet access at weekends and evenings, and I didnt have to pay for the phone. Plus if I wanted to, I'd get free home broadband, just for having an orange contract : )

iphone all the way they do everything and they do it well. I got my iphone 3gs 32gb in white last week and I have hardly put it down since, loads of cool apps.

They look cool and then you can put a cool case on it.

BU94wIQBGkKGrHgoOKioEjlLmeN7IBKQLT4.jpg

or

switch_tiger_main.jpg

I wouldnt go for a 3gs just yet. I know alot of people love them and see them as the only option but theres too many reports of them overheating and not just a little bit. I imagen that apple will get this sorted out hopefully sooner rather than later but probly worth holding back till they do.

Overheating? Mine doesn't even get warm?

Im not saying its the case with all of them just I have heard and read too many reports of them overheating. Some people have never had their Xbox 360 die others arent so lucky.

That price with vodafone seems really steep, im with them on unlimited texts, 500mins and unlimited free internet for the first 12months for £25 a month, then after the first 12months it goes up to £30 a month for the last 12months of my contract.

Saying that it was a renewal of a vodafone contract and i spent the best part of an hour on the phone blagging it all from them haha.

Oh and got a free SE X1 too.

LOL just realised my phone is a SEX1 :lol: