Fuel Consumption

Guest Lauryn

Guest Lauryn

Just curious, how much does it cost people to fill their Lupo, what engine do they have (plus any "engine mods" which may affect consumption), and how many miles does this return?

I just have a BMC CDA, I put a full tank of V Power in at a time, which normally costs about £25, and the light normally comes on about 170 miles.

Today I noticed that at half a tank I had done 125 miles since I last filled up, and the time before the light didnt come on til about 200 miles. How odd! I think I'm quite heavy at taking off from lights etc, I dont rev it high and I dont speed, but the only reason I can think for the sudden increase is an oil change I had about 500 miles ago, lovely!

Thanks

Lauryn.

Guest Lauryn

Am I right in saying you get about 20 miles from when the fuel light comes on? I never ever let it stay on for any more than about 5 miles, in fact I normally get a bit too far ahead of myself and fill up before it comes on. I seem to be getting more and more MPG every time I fill up atm, cant be a bad thing!

Lauryn must have big feet. 170 miles :o. I can get 250 on a tank, if I know I can get to a petrol station in my GTI, then its around 30-31l to fill it.

I've only had my GTI for a month now, but the first time I filled it with BP Ultimate unleaded and got about 200 miles from it. I then filled it with Shell Vpower and got roughly 240 miles with that.

Standard GTI. ;)

Filled it with bog standard shell unleaded to see how that goes :ninja:

Guest Lauryn

Guess I'm a bit heavy on the foot! Had just under a quarter tank left last nite and done 200 miles, we'll see! Least its improving anyway lol

bp ultimate is 97 ron, and there standered is 95

shell standered is 97ron shell Vpower (ultimate) is 99. nuff said shell ftw plus u get points free vouchers water air toilet :P

Are you sure, i have never found anything to say the standard is 97. Tesco also sell 99 all though i have never tried it.

MPH?? :rolleyes:

I don't know what would amaze me more seeing a Lupo do 180 MPG or 180 MPH :lol:

The GTI cannot be compared to the Sport. As seen before the GTI appears to get better MPG despite it having a bigger engine. I think the main reason

for this is the engine having better low down torque but the GTI also has a more aerodynamic front bumper, flared wheel arches a spoiler, better weight

distribution variable valve and a cable accelerator.

Don't be fooled into thinking its best driving everywhere at the lowest revs in the sport its not. driving at 2000rpm with your foot more on the accelerator

is worse than at 3000rpm with your foot on less. Its also not as good coasting to a stop with your foot on the clutch or in neutral. The longer you can coast in gear

the better. The ECU cuts fuel to the injectors when it is being turned over by the momentum of the car without your foot on the accelerator. When you coast

in neutral or clutch down the engine has to still run for the power steering water pump and alternator so it has to use fuel to idle.

170 till the fuel light comes on is very bad i got 180 even when driving very very hard. You should check your tyre pressure and tracking if you keep getting that. I consistently got 200 till the fuel light came on. I am now getting more like 230 - 250 regularly. I have done 80 miles to the first quarter line since i filled up last so hopefully i will beat my last best of 250.

28 quid 162 miles, 1600 avy block 1400 afh head,ported polished schrick cams jenvey throttle bodies

Guest Lauryn

The light hasnt been coming on til over 200+ now, so something has changed. Tyre pressure has always been perfect, so it must have been the service it needed! Its getting more and more everytime, interesting

dam me haha

ment to say

in the yellow lupo of boom, normally 28.00 to fill it to the brim,

and id get 140 ish miles per tank, driving it at normal speeds, and about 180 miles per tank on the motorways,

Rich,

Well according to Parkers the fuel consumption for a Sport should be 41mpg.

So most of you aren't doing that bad! Buts its hard to get close to those figures as the temptation to give some every now and again is big.

Drive like a granny ftw!

Then you might be a figure like my sig.......