Lupo

99hjhm

Nice! Your trying to compete with the whore mark!

lol..

I have enough for now. Although I check the wheel section of Ed38 every day. :lol:

There is a shed at work that belongs to a guy that sells second hand cars outside, I did tell him a while back I was going to put a spare set of wheels in there. Now theres 3 sets of wheels, 2 sets striped down, 8 wheel boxes, spare Bathursts, and some spare tyres.

This is how we wired the cruise test switches.....

Is this right Jon?

Busy at the weekend, got a new scuttle panel cover thingy to fit, new driver door lock module and another window switch.

Lupo Cruise Model (1).pdf

Edited by 99hjhm

Yes that wiring diagram looks right to me. I've read all the threads on there, does seem odd that nobody has got it working.

Have you checked the operation of the switches (the ones you have wired up and the ones on the clutch/brake pedal) by reading the measuring block?

Yes that wiring diagram looks right to me. I've read all the threads on there, does seem odd that nobody has got it working.

Have you checked the operation of the switches (the ones you have wired up and the ones on the clutch/brake pedal) by reading the measuring block?

Will check the measuring blocks tomorrow. looked the other night, but the fields didn't look right, but seem to have the same labels as a Golf.

Basically:

MrBiscuit, on Jul 1 2008, 07:24 PM, said:

From Ross tech Enable cruise

Activating Cruise Control on a new ECU (DBW):

Factory fresh ECU's often come with cruise control de-activated. If this is the case, there will not be a letter "G" in the Component field of VAG-COM when connected to the Engine.

[select]

[01 - Engine]

[Login - 11]

Enter 11463 to activate cruise control

[Do It!]

After doing this procedure, there should be a letter "G" in the Component field.

Phil

You can use VAG-COM to check the operation of the stalk be reading some measuring blocks.

Reading measuring block 022 in the engine controller (ECU) whilst operating the stalk functions:

00000X Enable cruise

0000X0 Cruise on/off

000X00 Set

00X000 Resume

Measuring block 006 in the engine controller will show 1.0 when the switch is moved to 'ON', indicating cruise is active.

Had a play on my new VAG-COM today...

OK, so I enabled cruise in the ECU as above, that worked.

Then I went through the measuring blocks in (01 - Engine) untill I woun one that responded to me pressing the test buttons... And success.

066!

000001 Constant(Cause I enabled cruise)

000011 With the cruise button on

000111 With the set button pressed

001?11 With the resume button pressed

Great, untill I drove the car, nothing happened. Measuring block shows speed and the buttons working, but the car doesn't respond.

Al?

The majority of the time after a cruise control install on a Mk4 Golf/Bora/A3/TT when the Cruise control does not operate, I replace the brake pedal switch or clutch pedal switch.

A faulty Brake or Clutch pedal switch will not always throw up a fault code and will completely stop the cruise control from working, even if the measuring blocks are showing the stalk / wiring is doing the job it should be.

My best advice would be to try a new Brake Pedal switch and clutch pedal switch. It may or may not solve the issue. It may just be that the Lupo GTI's Brake/Clutch wiring is set in a way that the components which govern cruise control in the ECU cannot see it.

Further update, after talking to nfbr...

Checked the brake pedal switch to see how many wires it has, pertol engines are listed to have 2 pins and TDI, 3L 4 pins. The switch has 4 wires and 4 pins though????

Took the switch off, the part number doesn't list it to fit any VW's(iJ0 945 511 C), it's superseeded by the same switch thats only fitted to a Bora! (1J0 945 511 D)

So might try another brake light switch... and maybe a clutch pedal switch if that doesn't work.

Need to fire up ELSA to check the wiring diagrams now.

Edited by 99hjhm

OK.. So 3hrs of MSN and we have found that the GTI has a clutch pedal switch for no obvious reason, and mine wasn't working anyway. So I need to adjust it and refit it. Even then the wiring thats there muight not go to the ECU, so need to check that too.

Then I went through the measuring blocks in (01 - Engine) untill I woun one that responded to me pressing the test buttons... And success.

066!

000001 Constant(Cause I enabled cruise)

000011 With the cruise button on

000111 With the set button pressed

001?11 With the resume button pressed

As I said, you can test the operation of the clutch and brake switches with the measuring block. Thats what the first two zeros represent...

youve changed so many little things and put so much into it

i think once youve got it all done and got coilovers sorted

im sure you could just start anouther thread haha

im sure you wont run out of ideas

lovely mate

matt x

As I said, you can test the operation of the clutch and brake switches with the measuring block. Thats what the first two zeros represent...

Did you? Luckily I found this out earlier, but not before I took the swithces off the car.

Took me long enough to find the correct measuring blocks, totally different to a TDI. Brake pedal switch works differently to a TDI also, so need to look at other VW's.

youve changed so many little things and put so much into it

i think once youve got it all done and got coilovers sorted

im sure you could just start anouther thread haha

im sure you wont run out of ideas

lovely mate

matt x

Oh coilovers. :(

Me needs to be buying some of those.

Well that's what I was trying to say when I posted the above! The clutch and brake pedal switches show '1' when pressed, so if since they were showing 0 when you read the measuring block I wouldn't have thought they would be holding you out :confused: