blood[y] car air fresheners!!!

d9nngti

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spray some after shave on a beer mat looks good and cheap lol

You need to send that in to Take a Break or something, they'd pay you money for that top tip.

I can't stand anything hanging from the rear-view mirror.

I wonder if Dragons Den would be interested in my new idea - Noose 'n' Fresh. An air freshener in the shape of one of historys notorious villains. The range will include Fresh West, Hay-rolled Shipman and Bread Bundy.

I wonder if Dragons Den would be interested in my new idea - Noose 'n' Fresh. An air freshener in the shape of one of historys notorious villains. The range will include Fresh West, Hay-rolled Shipman and Bread Bundy.

:lol:

That's a good one!

i have two little smelly bags that go under my seats they last ages i got them from halfords

all you have to do is give them a shake every few weeks and they are as good as new :D

Sounds like something from the Betterware catalogue!

that catalogue is better than avon its mint so many handy gadgets in one little book :shades:

Yankee candle air fresheners FTW!!

I love Yankee Candles! Theres a nice flowery air freshener they do, rose or something, smells nice and clean! The actual candles rock too though, I have loads with the wee lampshades! :lol:

I have to admit that when I saw the thread title I thought it was started by someone who shares my sensibilities. I simply don't understand car air fresheners, never have done. A friend tried one of those dangly traffic light things back in the seventies and the general consensus was that the stale old mini smell was preferable. What do you all do to your poor cars that they require this kind of treatment?

Perhaps its a generational thing, I do like cars to smell like cars. New cars, old cars, cars with leather upholstery, they all have their own character and an 'alien' odour just seems to be all wrong to me. Our loop has a nearly new car smell, our Golf has that slightly 'aged' smell that takes me back to years spent driving air cooled cars of various vintages and states. my Beetle still manages to smell a bit like it did when it was nearly new, which was a long time ago.

There has only been one car that I have travelled in that its 'natural' smell was really too much for a mere mortal to cope with. This was a new Lada that a clueless, when it comes to cars anyway, friend of mine bought. This Lada had a smell that was so unpleasant and chemically, I could only think that the materials used in the interior had not been cured properly. The smell never left this car despite his best efforts to destroy it, the car, on numerous occasions.

I will watch this post with interest as I really had no idea there was such a demand or need for these products. I always learn something when I come here.

I tend to stock up on Magic Trees when I'm in Tesco so get em cheap. I like the Vanilla or Strawberry. They did the Black Ice ones for 44p at one point so stocked up.

I tend to swap them over every few weeks so I can actually smell it inside the car when I get in.

If you want something different try the Jelly Belly ones you can get in Halfords, they do the cardboard ones or the gel ones, either way they smell nice.

Or try buying some Autoglym Autofresh, you spray it onto the seats/carpet and it basically freshens up the smell inside. Do that once or twice a week and it'll always smell nice.

where do you get the lids for the california scents as mine didnt come with any?

never mind that i bought the wrong ones, i bought the organic scents instead of the car scents...

Edited by jamiea7x