blood[y] car air fresheners!!!

d9nngti

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just bought an airfreshener from the USA.

Don't know what it smells like, but I liked the design. I will post pictures when it arrives.

Kiss kiss!

Arrived for the US of A this morning. Smell of cinnamon.

:)

i've got one of those jelly bug vanilla ones when i bought my lupo 10 months ago and it still smells! I hate trees they're ugly and rubbish and can't be easily thrown at passengers who annoy me!

Mind if you smell something too often your nose loses interest and ignores the smell altogther, so your freshener may still be working.

I use a blue Ambi-Pur one from Tesco, smells lovely and lasts for ages. Its meant to be refillable but the refills are more expensive than the actual freshener so I just replace the whole thing.

I'm gonna buy those California Scents purely for the packaging :)

Edited by lululupo

I have to admit that when I saw the thread title I thought it was started by someone who shares my sensibilities. I simply don't understand car air fresheners, never have done. A friend tried one of those dangly traffic light things back in the seventies and the general consensus was that the stale old mini smell was preferable. What do you all do to your poor cars that they require this kind of treatment?

Perhaps its a generational thing, I do like cars to smell like cars. New cars, old cars, cars with leather upholstery, they all have their own character and an 'alien' odour just seems to be all wrong to me. Our loop has a nearly new car smell, our Golf has that slightly 'aged' smell that takes me back to years spent driving air cooled cars of various vintages and states. my Beetle still manages to smell a bit like it did when it was nearly new, which was a long time ago.

There has only been one car that I have travelled in that its 'natural' smell was really too much for a mere mortal to cope with. This was a new Lada that a clueless, when it comes to cars anyway, friend of mine bought. This Lada had a smell that was so unpleasant and chemically, I could only think that the materials used in the interior had not been cured properly. The smell never left this car despite his best efforts to destroy it, the car, on numerous occasions.

I will watch this post with interest as I really had no idea there was such a demand or need for these products. I always learn something when I come here.

I have never understood them either they just cover up a bad smell with a stronger smell. At the end of the day they are

all chemicals if you can smell something you are breathing it in and i would rather not make my car a chemical capsule.

The best way to get rid of really bad smells in a car is to steam clean all the upholstery.

In the summer i wired in a switch to run the fan at slow speed without the ignition on. I put it in to keep the car cool when it was parked in the sun but it has come in handy for keeping the car smelling fresh. I turn the fan on and let it run over night

when the car needs an airing and it works a treat.

they give me a sore head, make the car all stuffy and they dont taste good.

This is where you are going wrong, you are meant to hang them in your car not eat them!

I'm sure that would probably sort out the taste and the sore head! :lol: