corsa b 1.6 sport vs mk5 zetec s

rosarick

looking to purchase one of the 2 cars in question. hope to spend around 2 grand.

was wondering if any1 has experience driving both cars, if so which do you think is better: driving wise/handling etc.

if any1 could suggest pros n cons for both as i have never driven any of the cars so dont know myself.

my friend has one for sale (corsa) for 1800 w reg 75k miles mint condition, leather retrim, exhaust, sound system, lowered, team dynamic alloys.

opinions please. i am stuck as i like both cars but wondering what reliablity of both cars is like ???

Edited by rosarick

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would love to but you have seen... i have smashed her up and have not got the time or know how to repair her :(

what other cars are ther out there with a similiar performance to an arosa sport for around 2 grand?

i dont no man i have sort of had enough with the car. i dont want to shed out all that money and have more problems... if only they were more reliable :(

i really have loved my arosa... i know this is only my second car but it will b greatly missed

thanks for you opinion. i do really like the zetec s, but its hard to find a decent one as many of the mint condition ones are all over priced.

i think if i dont buy my friends corsa then i probably will get a zetec s.

is there any other cars out there 100bhp plus and less then insurance group 10??

oh and i forgot around the 2 grand mark ;)

Edited by rosarick

Zetec s hands down!! My friend had one and regrets selling it for his C2 VTS........

try websites like UKFN or ZSOC, they'll be some interesting cars on there for sale!!! ;)

I had a 1.4 zetec fiesta and they handle alot better than the corsas

Beach5-1.jpg

My friends & Zetec s with my old car too

Mendpete.jpg

Edited by sam bignell

The Mk5 Fiesta Zetec was a very capable car, but I bet its really tricky to find a standard one out there now. Really decent handler, out of those two its no question.

I can't understand why anyone would even think briefly about the Corsa, that generation could barely call itself a car, a shocking collection of bits of metal, plastic and hope that accidently formed itself into something that sold like hot cakes.

My money would be on one of the Rallyee Pug's, presumably a 106 for that kind of money. Not sure how much you need to get into a 306 nowadays.

106 rallye FTW!! id love one of those!

i miss mine :(

killed all the zetec s' round here :)

zetecs are pretty poop imo, the rallye out handled one, was lighter & faster :P

however if you know nothing about cars, dont bother because if you use it to its potential you will have to get under it every so often ;)

just made it more fun imo though :D

Edited by Daz_Kez

Or a Honda Civic of some sort, EG flavour.

Have you seen the insurance groupings on those things?

Effing ridiculous! Group 10 for a 1300, group 12 for a 1500, group 16 for the VTi

btw this is the corsa

corsasport-1.jpg

Stick a C20XE or C20LET lump in or don't bother.

Saxo VTR or 106 Rallye for me. Unless you're a lanky git, which if you are, you won't ever get comfortable in one, I'm 6ft 2/3 and driving a Saxo VTR is hard, your knee hits the dash, same on a 106.

Nevermind your knees, I can't drive a Saxo or 106 because I have wide feet, the first time I drove one I nearly crashed it while trying to brake because the pedals are so close together!!

I have the same issue in my, car the pedals are very close together. I had the same problem in my mates VTR!

I test drove the G in a pair of big Lakais and could barely drive it. I have to wear plims or narrow shoes when i drive it!

Edited by LiamD

Corsa X16XE every day of the year. OK it might be due to me owning one. If you fit a full exhaust system to one you WILL leave a Zetec S for dead and the C2 VTS. My mate owns one and trust me, he hates loosing to an old "piece of Shi*e Corsa". If you've got a heavy left foot and a good driver you'll stay in front round the bends but otherwise the Fiesta does out handle, out brake and the sheer driving feel is better driving the Fiesta (why the hell am I driving my Corsa :lol: ).

I've got an aftermarket manifold on mine and it's has 125.2bhp and weighs 840kgs. Everyone round where I live thinks it's a "redtop". NO THANKS!!!!

Linky to all my Corsa pics......

Stripped out FTW!!!

Inside1.jpg

Edited by Steve TDI