My Lupo Gti has become a victim of the Credit Crunch

tomshughes

Basically last year I worked hard to get a lupo gti at the age of 18.

But now im in my last year at college before going to Uni in september and just lost my very well paid part time job.

I Still owe money on the insurance and have just finished paying the car off so it's not looking too good as to keeping it.

But I was thinking of getting a standard loop as a runaround for a lot cheaper until after uni.

Is there any easy, cheap and subtle ways to make it look a bit sportier and even aggressive like the Gti?

Standard ones have always looked slightly girly to me.

No offence to anyone :lol:

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers...

Oh and if anyone is interested in my plate - GT51 DUB let me know.

Tom

Man up and hang tough, get any job and do the hours you need to pay the bills.

After owning a gti, the other models are going to feel bland. Can't help but think you will regret selling it. ;)

Man up and hang tough, get any job and do the hours you need to pay the bills.

After owning a gti, the other models are going to feel bland. Can't help but think you will regret selling it. ;)

Don't think I have thought long and hard.

And its not definate i'm just looking for advice.

The insurance for an 18yo is madness.

If there is any chance of keeping it I will.

I wouldn't spend my money on an average lupo, get something really cheap. If your not going to enjoy driving it and you just need to be mobile, run an asolute dog whilst at uni and save for something nice when you finish.

You will then really appreciate a new car after driving something rubbish for a while. :lol:

If you get another Lupo you will always compare it. Get a disposable car that's good on fuel that you have no real emotion for. Even a cheap car that you have emotion for will suck you dry when you start doing things to it :rolleyes:

Edited by Unheard

Id hate to have to drive something i didnt like and cvould never run a banger as id be wanting to tidy it up all the time!

Id say you have a good idea, buy a cheaper car, but one you like and is cheap to keep/run. Buying an old hack might just cost a lot to keep, it still needs to be reliable doesnt it. Just make sure you save some money from the sale of your GTi, and not waste it!

Arosas are not as girly :P

Why not just get a lower spec Lupo? Not as fandabbydosy but still fun to drive

I got rid of the Polo for similar reasons (and the fact I was worried the gear box might drop out). Fairy muff the Polo isnt as quick/ nice as the Lupo Gti and also fuel prices came down but.

£36 pm insurance fully comp and full breakdown FTW!

Im just keeping the 1,4 , running it into the ground then getting a decent car next time.

Is this yours then? (its in Bushey but has a different plate)

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...c=49571&hl=

Nope not me mine is silver.

Haven't put it up yet might even be able to sell it on the forecourt if i'm lucky.

I'm thinking a cheap lupo but white with nice touches until after uni.

If i sell the gti I will be out of debt but then once I get a new job money will be knocking about again.

Can you get a 1.0 in white?

No but you can get a 1.4TDi Arosa in Canica Blue which looks like white. I'm toying with the idea of selling mine and want to buy a GTi...

TDIs are pretty brisk, dead cheap to tax and fuel and only group 4 insurance so not a killer on the pocket.

Would that interest you?

Edited by northwick

No but you can get a 1.4TDi Arosa in Canica Blue which looks like white. I'm toying with the idea of selling mine and want to buy a GTi...

TDIs are pretty brisk, dead cheap to tax and fuel and only group 4 insurance so not a killer on the pocket.

Would that interest you?

It sounded like a great idea.

I will let you know but the colour doesn't do it for me tbh.

well mate, i have a 1.4E lupo in red.....and have been looking for a GTI myself. i am 18 with no claims or anything else and i am paying £500 a year with 3rd party through NFU. and cheap as **** to run on fuel, but still lots of guts. if you havent got anything else yet and fancy it let me know and i am sure we could arrange something. :)

I know how this feels i've gone from having a mk4 1.8t to a 1.0 lupo loved my golf was the most fun car i've driven after a few mods :) money and now having costs of running a house meant needing something smaller and who can argue with 200 miles for £20... Plus you can always do a few mods to make it look different, i'm really growing to like my little loop a lot.

well mate, i have a 1.4E lupo in red.....and have been looking for a GTI myself. i am 18 with no claims or anything else and i am paying £500 a year with 3rd party through NFU. and cheap as **** to run on fuel, but still lots of guts. if you havent got anything else yet and fancy it let me know and i am sure we could arrange something. :)

Mileage? Location and how much my way?

Maybe interested.

But really fancy a candy white loop if anyone fancies it?

Long shot I know.

I know how this feels i've gone from having a mk4 1.8t to a 1.0 lupo loved my golf was the most fun car i've driven after a few mods :) money and now having costs of running a house meant needing something smaller and who can argue with 200 miles for £20... Plus you can always do a few mods to make it look different, i'm really growing to like my little loop a lot.

Yeah some people are different and I know it won't be as fast and I will compare it.

But at least I can style it to my taste. I would be more adventurous on a cheaper car I reckon :)

Thought i'd seen that plate about, i live in Elstree, have seen you around Watford Tescos way a few times

Would be a shame to sell it, although being 19, i can understand that the insurance would be high.

Just look at all your options and go down that route.

Does your old man work at Citygate Watford then?

Mark

Mileage? Location and how much my way?

Maybe interested.

But really fancy a candy white loop if anyone fancies it?

Long shot I know.

Yeah some people are different and I know it won't be as fast and I will compare it.

But at least I can style it to my taste. I would be more adventurous on a cheaper car I reckon :)

i'm sure i've had a little play on watford ring road with your car when i had my black fabia vRS.