IE Security Issue?

Linz

Has anybody heard of Microsoft having major problems with IE just now?

My mum told me last night that one of her friends had had a problem and lost years worth of archived emails. Says he received an e-mail from Microsoft saying that they had a problem with IE they couldn't solve and were advising people to use Firefox.

I said I couldn't see any way that they would tell their customers to move to one of their competitors products/services!? :confused:

Anybody heard anything?

Surely if there was a huge, irrepairable problem with IE it would tell you as soon as you tried to use it?

Some sites were recommending another browser while MS fixed the flaw. Its now been fixed, and can be downloaded:

http://www.microsoft.com/protect/computer/...200812_oob.mspx

However, just run WindowsUpdate and make sure every possible security update is installed. The general rule of thumb that applies always and everytime is - be suspicious of any email that isn't from a known source, don't open unsolicited email attachements, and be careful what sites you are visiting.

Bought a new laptop at the weekend. I have downloaded and am now using Firefox. One question ... is there a way of it remembering forum usernames? It comes up on a bar at the top asking if I want it to remember the password, but I am looking for it to autofill/suggest the name after typing in the first letter (as IE did). I don't want the passwords remembered as Byron and I both use a lot of the same forums.

Help please?

IE kept making my top spec (and uninsured) vaio freeze badly then because of IE my fist broke the laptop plastic and smashed many internals including my hard drive so i lost the lot... now ive got very basic access on a frigging nintendo wii which in turn causes more anger management issues..

moral is IE is rubbish

IE kept making my top spec (and uninsured) vaio freeze badly then because of IE my fist broke the laptop plastic and smashed many internals including my hard drive so i lost the lot... now ive got very basic access on a frigging nintendo wii which in turn causes more anger management issues..

moral is IE is rubbish

Mac time? :lol:

Bought a new laptop at the weekend. I have downloaded and am now using Firefox. One question ... is there a way of it remembering forum usernames? It comes up on a bar at the top asking if I want it to remember the password, but I am looking for it to autofill/suggest the name after typing in the first letter (as IE did). I don't want the passwords remembered as Byron and I both use a lot of the same forums.

Help please?

It will auto fill things in for you, But you have to do it the first time for each website...

That way its not presuming your using one username and password for every single website.

They aren't a million times better than PC's as everybody makes out.

Have you ever even owned a mac?

ALSO - Whilst we're on the subject of Cringe worthy... Can we stop the "Football" pipe licking?

Works in more than one way :P

Edited by nfbr

Have you ever even owned a mac?

ALSO - Whilst we're on the subject of Cringe worthy... Can we stop the "Football" pipe licking?

Works in more than one way :P

No i've never owned one, but i have used various G4's, G5's, iMacs for the past 6 years at work so i know a fair bit about them. ;)

As for the football, i won't mention it as long as you stop answering everybodies technical problems with "get an Apple mac/iphone" ;)

As for the football, i won't mention it as long as you stop answering everybodies technical problems with "get an Apple mac/iphone" ;)
Get Safari, Much better browser!
It will auto fill things in for you, But you have to do it the first time for each website...

That way its not presuming your using one username and password for every single website.

Which one of those says: Get a mac?

:P

lol, none of the above, a lot of the time it is though. I do like Mac's, i just think they get a little bit to much praise, we're all entitled to have our own likes and dislikes though.

lol, none of the above, a lot of the time it is though. I do like Mac's, i just think they get a little bit to much praise, we're all entitled to have our own likes and dislikes though.

I had PC's for years, Built them, did various programing and such. at one point I had a kitchen worktop-desk in my room with One pc that had 2x 17" Iiyama Screens, and another PC which used a single Iiyama screen :) was a propper PC geek and hated macs with a passion.

I love them now because I can do everything I used to do on my two pc's on one laptop and it never seems to go wrong.

I spent many hours frustrated and having to do complete re-installs of windows which was probably going to lead me to have a heart attack or something lol.

Thats why I like my macs :)