Newbie alert!!!

Dare

welcome Dare, sorry there isn't a larger welcoming party though i'm sure it will get busier later. If you've got a polo the lupo is based on the same chassis but shortened and on the Gti it has a bit more track width. Lupo gti is great fun though it would depend what you are after as far as recomendations go. If you want a small fun hot hatch that's quite cheap to run and reasonably frugal with cute but chunky looks then the lupo would be great for you.

LOL what are our opinions smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I LOVE the GTI

Its a great car, its rare, quick, good handling etc... there are many threads on buying tips - do a search for some. Also there is a 3 worst and 3 best things thread somewhere.....

You will not regret buying one and there are a few around (see forsale section).

By the way, WELCOME to the club!

Welcome mate, lik the look of your Polo there!

Just have a shot of a Lupo GTI, you wont be disappointed!

Maybe not the quickest motors around, but much more smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />/£ than any other car in its class!!!

dare I sold my polo in May for the Gti and I was gutted to see it go but I had the loop in for service last fri and had a courtesy 1.2 polo twist (not great but had more luxuries than my 1.0L polo) Got back in the lupo to drive home, got about 2miles down the road and had a big feck off Grin on my face thinkin "I love this car!!"

When you put what the lupo has got ie. 125bhp (6spd if you want) xenon headlights, half decent interior, flared arches twin zorsts etc its a great little package and to see the look on peoples faces in larger cars when you woop them off the lights you wont ever regret selling the polo!!

There ya go pal, somethin to mull over. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

tanner you trater
laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Hi Tanner yeah i remember u, Cheers for that!! u had a white 1.0l??. im havin to think really hard about the whole situation, cos i still love my polo!! How much did you pay for yours? did you go for 6speed? I cant make my mind up to get the gti or spend less on the car and more on the insurance.

Steve

tanner you trater

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I do miss the polo Rob but dont regret selling it for my Gti, If i would of had a 16valve in the 1st place instead of the 1.0L then it would of been a different story. i know Ive been slack on the whole show scene since selling up too, thats down to big hangovers come show days sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Dare I paid the best part of 10k for mine (thats 6spder with aircon and alpine cd) Luckily I got some help due to my 21st birthday ISA maturing so I can just about afford the rest of my loan now, without that I would of struggled.

My advice is to go for something that you CAN afford including insurance and running costs, I can at the mo but cant afford to get the coilovers I want but in good time... so bit of a set back.

Other option is to speak to Mark (Mk4polo) about the ibiza cupra option!! TUUURRRRBBBBOOOOO.

http://forum.clublupo.co.uk/viewtopic.php?...?t=4891&start=0

Page two contains the updated price.

(Read it all, I know it needs a touch of work but it is a desent price.)

And

http://forum.clublupo.co.uk/viewtopic.php?...t=4699&start=15

Under £7000!!!!!

VW Lupo Gti 1.6 - '01/X

37K mainly motorway miles

Flash Red

Full GTi spec incl:

- Xenons

- Sports Seats (Black with Red Stiching)

- Gamma Stereo

- 15" Alloys

Plus options:

- `in-dash` 6CD changer

- Air conditioning

Full VW Service history

Taxed until Mar 05

MOT'd until Jan 05

£6850 ono

Thats a great price!

£7k for a GTi that needs a spoiler removing from the roof.
laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> i see what u mean! and i couldnt agree more!! Yeah not bad at all. Im gonna hold out for all the goodies mainly air con and six speed.

• 4 weeks later...