Penry's Ibiza

penry

So here's the reason why im getting rid of the GTi, looks pretty standard everywhere apart from the front at the moment. Running about 200+bhp i expect, but rolling road day in a couple of weeks so we'll see...

Its going on the deck whenever i can afford it, im absolutely skint at the min though. And for wheels, thinking LM reps in 17" or maybe D90's? As im going low though, maybe 17's better as ive got an LCR splitter in the garage which is going to be asking to get torn off otherwise. Anyway, pics:

P270908_1704.jpg

P250808_163101-1.jpg

P140708_2015.jpg

Comments, etc? And yes, i know i need rear spacers!

Edited by penry

Cheers guys.

Its miles different to the lupo. Steering, controls are all heavier, handling is poo as standard but going to sort that out asap! Also HATE the wheels as the factory colour is minging. Maybe refurb them in reflex or moon silver as i have some in the garage mixed up from the lupo.

Any cool ideas on wheels? Remember im fancying 17's for the deckage!

Im jelous Penry!!! I love that shape ibiza and i have been looking on Auto Trader and Pistonheads recently at them, one of my work colleagues has a Cupra running 370bhp and ive just fell in love with them!

I have seen them for as little as 3k now, its shocking, such a great car!

Yours looks awsome, I think they look great just lowered and the standard wheels just spaced a little.

Very shiny!!!!!

Haha! If someone asked you how much you lowered your lupo by, and you said 40mm then you would think ohh fair enough, a subtle drop. If you drop your ibiza by 40mm its DECKED! See how much i can get away with, perhaps sump guard may be an idea :coffee:

Nice cupra :) been thinking about getting another one of these :P

You can go alot lower, my cupra was down as far as it could go on the coilovers at the back as the springs would rattle in you jacked it up... must have been 60-70mm on 17's, 18's will fit also lowered about 60mm + didnt like the handling on them tho lol

On the 17's

http://www.stribbeckphotography.co.uk/images/20vt01.jpg

On 18's

http://www.stribbeckphotography.co.uk/images/20vt02.jpg

Edited by SiiMo

Few of my mates have had big turbo Cupras.

Running between 350-370bhp and totally stripped they are serious machines! One was pushing 430bhp and slaughtering anything on the road with 4 wheels, and sometimes 2 wheels!

I want one :lol:

Im going to adjust it until i get a good balance between handling and looks, not as fussed as before about lowness because its not a dub, its more of a motorsportish kind of car if you get me.

Liam - my mate has a white IHI'd cupra, QUICK! Will keep up with 997 turbos :lol:

• 1 month later...

Xmas update:

Was very lucky that i got coilovers and xenons for xmas, which i was extremely excited about. The car is beginning to look more like my own now, as ive put my own stereo in there as well (people familiar with ibizas will know the stereo is piss poor and its all built in so you cant change it). But ive stuck it in the cubby hole below, needs some tidying up though.

Gone for a subtle drop for the moment, also got some 17" reps which i managed to acquire but the tyres are 215/45 and rub EVERYWHERE, even on the skirts. So its either sell them and get d90's, or keep them and sort out 205/40 tyres?

*Crap pics removed and better ones below!*

Edited by penry

nice mate i want a black one but my silver one was to good to miss

as to the wheel size 17s are good but you get a bit of srubbage on the front and rear but the rears easy to cure just need to roll the arches.

cupra3uc4.th.jpgim after some new wheels at the momwnt and need rid of my ozs if you want 17s non euro style ?

Edited by christian

nice mate i want a black one but my silver one was to good to miss

as to the wheel size 17s are good but you get a bit of srubbage on the front and rear but the rears easy to cure just need to roll the arches.

cupra3uc4.th.jpgim after some new wheels at the momwnt and need rid of my ozs if you want 17s non euro style ?

Ive already got my rs4 reps mate just need to sort smaller tyres out to cure some of the rubbage! Stick your wheels up on seatcupra.net they will snap them up! Or contact martyp on here i know he's after some 17s to fit his ibiza as well :)

Ive already got my rs4 reps mate just need to sort smaller tyres out to cure some of the rubbage! Stick your wheels up on seatcupra.net they will snap them up! Or contact martyp on here i know he's after some 17s to fit his ibiza as well :)

how much you think ill see for them ? 2 new tyres and the other 2 have great tread on the outers and middle but inners are pretty shagged lol