gilybobs loop

gilybob

thought id show my progress with the car.. which isnt much lol...

have had the bumpers sprayed and the washer jets holes smoothed over ..

new yoko tyres//new bbs centre caps which cost a small fortune may i ad !!

other sml bits and bobs not really worth mentioning...

bought a buffer today thought id give it a go but didnt really brig the hine i was hopping for prob using t wrong .....but here r sum pics none the less.. light wasnt that great sowwe :shades::coffee:

19102008178.jpg

19102008179.jpg

19102008180.jpg

19102008181.jpg

19102008182.jpg

19102008183.jpg

19102008184.jpg

19102008185.jpg

19102008186.jpg

19102008187.jpg

19102008188.jpg

19102008189.jpg

19102008190.jpg

19102008191.jpg

19102008192.jpg

19102008193.jpg

da daaaa

:coffee:

Edited by gilybob

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it! I see you've changed the fuel cap, was that a lot of bother? The one thing I feel really lets the Lupos down is the fuel cap, my mate always says it looks like its just been stuck on! I have to agree, big ugly square thing as standard!

looks tidy! loving the mk5 golf wing mirrors, im guessing thats what they are off anyway lol.

im hoping its not a legality to have the washer jets for the xenons ! cos im screwed... so ill answer the questions best i can...yes they r mk5 golf wing mirrors i love them .. looks wicked when indicating i feel very posh lol... cos ive always thought that only expensive cars have their side repeaters in the mirrors lol...the whels r bbs rs 15 001s and they have proven to be a pain as the the centre caps were either stolen or fell off .. iither way costing me 160 pound for 2 yikes !! but i do love them .. really suit the car.. although i had to get the arches rolled loads on the fuel tank side as i scraped all the time and ruined the tyres.....

the bonnet i dont know to much about but it was weilded on i think .. excellent job tho.. the TT fuel cap is wicked ive got a little silver button sitting behind the drivers seat which opens the cap.... yay dont even have to take my keys out.... i dont think it wasmuch hassle to get done although there is alot of filler around that area and had to be ulta careful when the arches were being rolled ..

all in all theres alot more to be done to it.. i would like to sort the front grill out and get sum trim i bought the stuff on ebay suggested on here but it didnt fit !! to small... it was 4mm .. so maybe have to get sum bigge tubbing...

I alsways loved this car, it was one of the ones that made me want a GTI when i first saw it in PVW. Regarding the washer jets, all cars running Xenons are required to have a headlight washer system, however, a lot of MOT centres overlook this, so you should be fine.

Nice, loving the badge on the back.

Do you park this on fishermead blvd, next to a yellow loop? I pass it loads!

yep thats me think ive seen ya drive past me when i walked to the shops ages ago....hi lol.. yea thats the misses place and the yellow loop is the the misseses lol.. were like his and hers ...she loves her loo .. im guna get her sum alloys soon .. she doesnt know it yet and will prob hate me but it has to be done ..........

• 5 months later...

quick update on the car ..a few ikkle mods to make it my own..

so wheels have gone to mike the polisher for a refurb... yay shld be here today sent the nuts and bolts off localy to get powder coated which came today looks lush pics dont really do them justice to be fair.. will look better when on the wheels...

changed my mirrors to sum chrome lovelyness not the cheap stick ons either all the way from germany...

and sum sml chromming else where pics to follow.....

mirrors

09032009257.jpg

door handle .. cheap version but looks fairly smart could not find the whole handle chromed..

09032009258.jpg

along the door and window line chrome strip looks good and not tacky..

09032009259.jpg

mirrors on car

09032009260.jpg

quick update on the car ..a few ikkle mods to make it my own..

so wheels have gone to mike the polisher for a refurb... yay shld be here today sent the nuts and bolts off localy to get powder coated which came today looks lush pics dont really do them justice to be fair.. will look better when on the wheels...

changed my mirrors to sum chrome lovelyness not the cheap stick ons either all the way from germany...

and sum sml chromming else where pics to follow.....

mirrors

09032009257.jpg

door handle .. cheap version but looks fairly smart could not find the whole handle chromed..

09032009258.jpg

along the door and window line chrome strip looks good and not tacky..

09032009259.jpg

mirrors on car

09032009260.jpg

bbs madness...centres and bolt.. to go on fully refubed wheels...pics to cum...

26032009261.jpg

will keep you uptodate with some pics soon hopefully roof and wheels will be done by the weekend !! fingers crossed ... look fwd to yr comments...

Edited by gilybob

looks good mate,

cheers dude .. will look better after the weekend roof done and wheels back on ..

is your bonnet a slightly different colour or is it just the light in the pics?

na just the light in the pics .. not great pics done from phone...

Mirrors look different can't say im a fan, but each to their own. When the BBS come back get the front lower to get rid of the reverse rake :P . Also is that rust round the filler cap or just the light?

Sorry to sound so negative its a really nice motor, badge-less grill looks mint, look forward to seeing the new rims and future mods. :D

Mirrors look different can't say im a fan, but each to their own. When the BBS come back get the front lower to get rid of the reverse rake :P . Also is that rust round the filler cap or just the light?

Sorry to sound so negative its a really nice motor, badge-less grill looks mint, look forward to seeing the new rims and future mods. :D

ello simpo buddy.. nah its not rust it was the paint that bubbled apparently.. but will be getting that done with the front bumper in a couple of weeks yay....

i know not everyone will be a fan of the mirrors or the chrome bits and bobs.. i like it tho looks better in person abit like my bird lol....

do you think i need to get the front lowered ??? oh and whats reverse rake ??

Fair enough sounds good.

Reverse rake is where the fronts higher than the back, wind them coilies down a tad at the front and the stance will be sweet. B)

cool ill do that once the wheels r on hope it doesnt scrape..i find it harder nuf to get over the bumps already..hmm.