Slipknot

Alex_225

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joey their drummer broke his ankle so they had to pull out!! They're touring the rest of the year though, I'm gonna try and catch them in London.

Kenzie - I think a lot of peeople that were into metal when they were young probably liked them. I remember them coming out when I was at college and really liking their album but more so coz it was a solid metal album. Loved them ever since.

This latest album is their most mature and probably complex. Also their most metal, proper guitar solos in this one and some awesome blast beat.

Credit to them for being the biggest extreme metal band going though.

i was never really into them, i like maybe 5 or 6 tracks, but i took major issues with the masks and that kinda jazz, just struck me as a marketing gimmick, just kinda rubbed me up the wrong way.

BUT psychososis is a tune of the highest order, very nice indeed!!!

only ever liked one song, and i cant think what it was called!

"i push my fingers into my eeyyyyyyyes..."

that one

haha lol that was a good bit infact its the only bit i can remmeber from that song aswell

Duality is the song you're all thinking about. Their last album had some really good tracks on it as well, some melodic more sing along type tracks. This new one is a bit more abrasive which means you'll probably love it or hate it.

Psychosocial is the new video/single but the album version is better, it has a break and extra chorus in the middle which isn't in the radio edit.

Lee - I didn't realise they'd released the new Metallica track anywhere yet, although I did hear that they played a couple of new tracks at Reading. I've been waiting years for a new Metallica album. I liked St Anger although it was far from their best album and not one I'd choose to put on very often. Fingers crossed the new on is a return to form. :D

only ever liked one song, and i cant think what it was called!

"i push my fingers into my eeyyyyyyyes..."

that one

I remember Mark & Lard pushing that in the afternoons. Awesome.

It wasn't that one, it was Left Behind.

Edited by IDGM

Hehe, comical views, i like slipknot in the same way i like marilyn manson, by way of, i'm not reet keen on the person/s though the music is great. Really enjoyed listening to slipknot since i heard Eyeless on a Kerrang! com years ago, really impressed with their style and pace.

I'm liking that there are a few more melodic type tracks too now as Corey has a really good voice! Stone Sour are one of my top bands to listen to also. The GF doesn't like them, so they're not on much in the house..

The GF doesn't like them, so they're not on much in the house..

We don't have a stereo purely for that reason. She hates what I like & visa versa.

not heard any of their new album - but was abit gutted that they pulled out of leeds this year

I personally hate slipknot and all screamo music like that but to be fair they would be awseome live just to say youve seen 9 criminals going mental on stage! So yea, shame they weren't at leeds.

Never mind Johnny, it's not like Leeds isn't a rock festival now hey.

Well these day's anyway.

Always good to scare 'normal' folks with a bit of gruff guitars and deafening drums! Killswitch Engage stylee!!

I never said i didnt like rock.... just not screamo.

Edited by Jonny70

Killswitch Engage

:wub:

And agree with Ben, Duality is my fave Slipknot song. Wait and Bleed is a close second. Joey is an absolute leg end of a drummer, but Murderdolls were just laughable.

i farking love KSE!

Adam the guitarist makes me laugh, he's mental (did you know he also played the drums on the first album, as they were between drummers at the time? FACT! :P) the original singer was pretty good, but howard is so much better and scary-looking :P

i farking love KSE!

Adam the guitarist makes me laugh, he's mental (did you know he also played the drums on the first album, as they were between drummers at the time? FACT! :P) the original singer was pretty good, but howard is so much better and scary-looking :P

learn something new everyday!