HELP guys opinions needed ASAP

scotty86

?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ok guys dilema i have found 2 GTI's that i am v interested in buying and i need help deciding which one...

option1

Raven Blue GTI

43 thou miles (no service history)

condition- decent... wheels need refurb, gti badges been removed :( , non standard backbox :(

6 speed

standard gti interior

sunroof

33 miles from my door and 2 spare gti wheels with sale

option2

Reflex Silver

48 thou miles (full vw service history and cam belt done)

condition- looks mint in pics, on coilovers pretty much standard

6 speed

leather interior

400 odd miles from door lol

now i dont mind traveling so thats not really a prob i have viewed the blue one today tho and it looks good am just torn between the both, i like the standardness of the silver but the raven blue colour is awsome and could be returned back to standard... but no service history :(

guys help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont need write a lengthy reply just write a colour or vote lol

and need answers asap as buying v soon!!!

cheers scotty

Blue for the win :D

As Nicki said, drive both if you can dude.

drove the blue one toda... and i would take some beating from the silver as it was driving pretty smooth!!! was loving it...

the misses had a 1.0 arosa and my god what a diff im deff hooked on the GTI fun to be had!!!

id go for the silver because of FSH and its standard. debadging and backbox is normally the first thing chavs do when they get there car so it might have been hammerd.

so are the majority of gti owners on here chavs?

mine was debadged and had an aftermarket backbox and as far as i'm aware i'm not a chav.

Go for Blue, it's different - too many Silvers..... and Service History only means it's been serviced. Gives no indication as to whether or not it's been screwed.

At the end of the day it's your choice, I'm sure you'll find some standard bits and bobs - if not you can always haggle on price for no service history and buy the standard bits with the money you save :)

Also, you haven't mentioned previous owners or prices - should give you some indication as to how much the sellers think they're worth - helps if you know how much the sellers value the cars at.

Edited by Sarah_Diamond

The no service history of the Raven need not be a put off. Talk to the current owner and see how much they know about looking after the car and servicing it has had.

Has it had a cambelt change? If not hat may give leeway for a bit of haggling.

New GTi badges available on eBay by the bucket load.

Spare Bathursts with the Raven may give some money back too. (I would be interested in buying one off you if they are decent ;) )

Second hand car buying is a lottery and you just have to go with your gut feeling.

price wise v similar...

pics blue one is on autotrader http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...rgeId=762706213

and the silver is p4nry club lupo member DSC00076.jpg

now i must say when i think of the nitty grity stuff i am more attract to p4nry's loop as this guy has been top cominication wise and seems like a top genuine guy...

decisions decisions......

:huh:

price wise v similar...

pics blue one is on autotrader http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...rgeId=762706213

now i must say when i think of the nitty grity stuff i am more attract to p4nry's loop as this guy has been top cominication wise and seems like a top genuine guy...

I know which I prefer and would go for, but I am biased.

:rolleyes:

price wise v similar...

I voted Blue, dont know why ;)

But Thats a nice silver one :)

Your choice :P

p4nry's bud?

Maybe! :P

I love all the Raven ones I've seen, but they are all so gleaming I would be scared to let the Raven Team down!

:o

If you buy the Raven I'd still be interested in one of the spare wheels :rolleyes:

...and is there room around here for another silver GTi :(