Braces - got them fitted today

willcrook

Not a strut brace, but a real mouth-brace!

Anyone else had them before?

As soon as I left the building I thought "what the f**k have I done here"

They feel so strange, and look so weird!

http://www.iceclearbraces.com/

I got those ^ You cant see them from medium to far distances but close up you can.

owieeee they hurt when I eat aswell

I'm 22 btw.

One of my uncles had braces fitted leading up to his 65th birthday. They did the trick for him. My wife turned an opportunity down to have some a few years ago, don't know why.

Not a hope in hell would i let them do that to me.

I had a retainer for two days, cried solidly for said two days and refused to wear them ever sinse. I had 4 teeth pulled out, and was supposed to have traintracks and a head brace (Think shelly from south park = 12 yr old Clairey. Not nice)

That must of cost you a blimming fortune will! Torture isnt cheap!

Edit: Could of got invisalign ones, you cant see them at all but you still talk like a spastic for a while.

Edited by Clairey Fairy

I had a retainer when I was 11-12, and wish now I had either kept it in more, or had been given the option of train tracks. My teeth are ok, but not perfect like other peoples I know who had to "endure" train tracks at school.

I had heard that you are best to have them before 18, as by then your teeth have pretty much set. Does that mean you will have to have them on for longer to have the same affect now that you are older?

I had a retainer when I was 11-12, and wish now I had either kept it in more, or had been given the option of train tracks. My teeth are ok, but not perfect like other peoples I know who had to "endure" train tracks at school.

I had heard that you are best to have them before 18, as by then your teeth have pretty much set. Does that mean you will have to have them on for longer to have the same affect now that you are older?

Not sure about that, I was told at my age and with my proceedure it should be dead easy!

It's costing me sub 3k.

I turned down the option of a brace at 16 cos my bf at the time didnt want me to have one.

Stuuupid!! I so regret not having one! So whats all this metalwork costing people?

3k :o

You must be really really struggling to pull women if you need to splash that much cash on your appearence.

My teeth are by no means perfect but i couldn't warrant that spending that much on them!

Anyone that puts themselves through this totrute is insane. Unless theyre really really REALLY bad in which case i can KIND of understand.

Personally you cant even get me within 15feet of Dr's doorstep :lol:

Edited by Clairey Fairy

3k :o

You must be really really struggling to pull women if you need to splash that much cash on your appearence.

My teeth are by no means perfect but i couldn't warrant that spending that much on them!

I don't need to.

It's not anything to do with women, I have a girlfriend.

Nice one, I can warrant spending that amount of them without fuss.

Anyone that puts themselves through this totrute is insane. Unless theyre really really REALLY bad in which case i can KIND of understand.

Personally you cant even get me within 15feet of Dr's doorstep :lol:

Mine arent really bad in any sense, all my friends have said 'why the **** you doing that'? - I've just always wanted perfect teeth and a sexy smile :D

Hey, iv had mine on for 10months now and im nearly 22. Best decison i ever made!

Geek and brace dont go in the same sentence no more! KOOL!

Just beware of eating curry and anyhthng with lime in it as your clear bands quickly turn orange/green!

Stick in, the pain has just begun!!lol

Lexi

I had them when I was younger too - had to have 8 teeth out first (4 milk teeth and then the 4 adult teeth tha followed) and then the braces, with rubber bands to move them all around to fill the gaps, and then a clear retainer when the braces came off till my teeth had settled again.

And yes, OMG it hurts at first, and every single time you go back to have them adjusted, I had such a bad temper for days after every adjustment because of it :ouch:

But I do have nice straight teeth that are nicely space now though :) Not perfect, but much better than they were and would have been if it jad all be left alone.

i had all sorts of braces when i was younger had ones behind the teeth , had one swith big plastic bits on them so that my lower jaw didnt sink back i had ones that i had to adjust myself every week and i had train tracks

endured all that **** for years and as soon as i had finished it all my wisdom teeth grew in aand **** it all up, theyre not bad but nowhre near as good as they should be for tha amount of time i had braces,,

get your teeth done now and hopefully you wont have too much more problems, my dad knocked out his front 2 playing football when he was 12 and now hes gotta pay to have a platinum bar and yet more teeth in the front because of it

he's 60 now and its totalled over 11k so far

I had my first consultation down the hospital on my 18th birthday. How chuffed was I?!

I went to the dentist with toothache, 2 and a half years later I got the brace off lol. My teeth look better now but I wish I'd kept using the clear plastic ones for longer after having the train tracks off.

My problem at 14 was having glasses......no way was I having a brace as well! At least I could wear my contacts when I had my brace.

Every month I'd have time off work for the hospital appointment, used to go to the hospital, have the brace tightened then rush to mcd's for a breakfast or cheeseburger before my teeth started to hurt too much :lol: