new lupo for 2010

deewhy

Old news, but more economically manageable than the Up!.

It's only bigger than the Lupo by around the length of a small erect penis :lol:

Hey! I got my wife pregnant with that.

Hey! I got my wife pregnant with that.

That made me :lol: !!

It's not the size, its what you do with it and you sir, are the perfect proof!

Edited by Adam

that news item is over a year old and the replacemt for the lupo if there will be 1 will be based on the up concept

:coffee: sorry for being late!! i dont sit glued to new car sites hitting refresh every 10 seconds waiting on info about new cars. i only came across it while doing a google image search and i'm only commenting on the nick of it. looks like a pound of mince.

It is a very old article - even when it was printed it was out of date.

The PQ24 platform is now very much at the end of its life. It only lives on in the Polo for a another couple of years and in the Ibiza for a year or so (if that - don't keep too up to date with Seat). I reckon VWUK will be as glad to see the back of the Fox as we will be. After that no more PQ24 in Europe!!

The new Gol for the Brazilian market is the last we'll hear of PQ24: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3900957 (although no doubt something will turn up in the Chinese market given that they're still producing pretty much every old VW (albeit with weird facelifts on them) out there...)

Deek.

Edited by dxg

Just for info, we're starting to see the emergence of the new VW corporate nose (i.e. what they're doing after the chrome ones) with the new Sirrocco (VW badge on the metal above a thin black grille vertically centred between the headlights)...

We can see that the new Polo's blends this new nose with traits of the Up!'s front end. It could turn out quite interesting or really quite bland - time will tell:

2009 Polo (rendered speculation - from a source that has been reasonably accurate in the past):

9K2vo6JoCYWVBk_450x300.jpg

2009 Polo Van (from the same source - before you panic about this - the 2009 Polo was originally *only* going to be in van form!!):

8K2bqx63yMA7uM_450x300.jpg

Deek.

Old speculation on the Lupo, that particular car was said to be rear engined IIRC, hence rear side air vents (not that concept! opps!).

Also I can't help but think if there is a new Lupo is likely to be close to the up in terms of size and design.

Edited by matt a