Tyre advice please

vworks41

I need to order some tyres in the next hour or so and need some peoples opinions.

I have a choice between Dunlop sp sport 9000, Toyo proxes TR1, conti contact sport2.

I normally run conti's and have done for many years, but im swaying towards the toyo's because theyre cheaper.

Whats the Toyo wear factor like? and how do you rate the dunlops also?

I have two partly worn SP9000 you can have for £60?

Need them for tuedays fitted and sorted with out hassle really, but cheers anyway.

what they like though?

I'd go for the Conti's, the Toyos are pap on a lupo and i've never been a fan of the dunlops.

Yeah i do like conti's, it just they've seemed to gone up in price though.

I really rate my Toyo T1R tyres but each to there own :)

Whats the wear rate on them like then?

I got about 22k miles (almost 2 years) out of my full set and just changed the fronts.....rears still have several thousand miles left. That is rotating every 7k miles or so

They have really good grip personaly and for the money can not complain at all. My mate has a set on his Scooby and loves them also

Cheers for your help guys. Gone for the toyo's T1-R's in the end. Just could'nt strech to conti's :(

Got them for £273 fitted and balanced, plus there in town so theres no hassle :)

The SP2000s came as standard in 205/45/15 but really aren't much cop compared to the only other tyre available in that size (Toyo T1R) in my opinion. Mike said he rotated his tyres - sounds sensible as the left does tend to wear quicker ;)

I think it depends on who you are and how you drive, but I doubt many people would see 20k on the front with a pair of T1Rs. They're well worth the money over the dunlops though.