arosa vs lupo (excluding the GTI)

rosarick

Lupos look better at the rear

Arosas look better at the front.

Lupos have slightly nicer plastics inside/Arosas have more equipment.

The one thing i'm sure about is that I prefer Lupos and Arosas to the arosa version 1 ones - the new interiors a winner for me.

Also, i'm not sure of this, but I thought Arosas came first, and were a seat design that VW upgraded for the lupo and then brought out the Arosa MkII as the updated version in seat terms.

Was the mark 1 arosa not based on the 6n1 polo? and the mark II on the 6n2 like the lupo?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lupos look better at the rear

Arosas look better at the front.

Lupos have slightly nicer plastics inside/Arosas have more equipment.

The one thing i'm sure about is that I prefer Lupos and Arosas to the arosa version 1 ones - the new interiors a winner for me.

Also, i'm not sure of this, but I thought Arosas came first, and were a seat design that VW upgraded for the lupo and then brought out the Arosa MkII as the updated version in seat terms.

Was the mark 1 arosa not based on the 6n1 polo? and the mark II on the 6n2 like the lupo?

Ive really not got to grips with polo models, i work in MKs and not 6n2 thingies. So im not sure what model you mean.

The Arosa was the first yes, and i did think that it was based on a shortened polo Mk4/5 platform. But it wasnt, it was its own chassis, especially the rear suspension, its totally different to the polos. Although polo Mk6s have a similar rear end set up but thats after the arosa/lupo.

So yes, the Mk1 arosa was the first, and so the lupo is based on that and not a polo chassis shortened. This was in a recent Volkswagen driver mag too.

The lupo/arosa uses a dash similar to the polo mk5, its the same design, only the lupos/arosas dash is longer, meaning you sit further away from the winscreen than in a polo. Gives an airy feel.

So withouth the Mk1 we wouldnt have the lupo, so be thankful lupo people :lol:

All models Arosa Mk1 & 2 and the lupo are the same under the skin though.

Whoops ! I meant to say Mesh ! Sorry about that ! LoL. :wacko:

good good allergy to looking at chrome me

especially on my car

the sooner ICI hurry up and get my paint mixed the better!!!!

*shakes fist in the air

chris

love that random caterpilla part in there lol

a would have to say the lupo simply because i have one :)

Edited by Dazz

Guest Lauryn

I like the front headlights on the Mk 2 Arosas but really dont like the rears tbh/ All in all theres just something more appealing about the Lupo imo, and I suppose I am also being snobby because it is a VW! :P

When i was in the market for a lupo, and found out about the arosa i was like wow i can get more car for my money with the arosa! and its less to insure! but... id fallen in love with the looks of the lupo, i duno its something about the round "eyes" of the loop that does it for me lol and the curves over the bonnet lol... its all sexual :wub: then i found a 1.4 16v sport arosa (mk1) it was well looked after had 24k on the clock and was only £2,800.... went looked at it, decided i wanted it, but out of habit was looking on autotrader and saw the car i now own :rolleyes: ... a lupo 1.4s with 38k on it in flash red!

but yeah its all about personal taste, and im glad i got my straightened out in time to get the loop! :lol:

Ive had both lupo and Arosa (Mk1)! we still have the Arosa!

Im going to upset Mk2 Owners and say Mk1 Arosa's are the best looking, much more agressive front end and has not got rear lights that look like they were designed by a 5 year old!

GTiSpringFestival2008004.jpg

Mk1's Rule & Win :wub:

Ive had both lupo and Arosa (Mk1)! we still have the Arosa!

Im going to upset Mk2 Owners and say Mk1 Arosa's are the best looking, much more agressive front end and has not got rear lights that look like they were designed by a 5 year old!

GTiSpringFestival2008004.jpg

Mk1's Rule & Win :wub:

i want another mk1 arosa.... dono y i ever sold it.. prob cause it was a 1l, id go for the 1.4 sport next time... might get one in the summer and euro like mad..

I think all three (mk1/mk2 arosa and lupo) are pretty ugly until they lose the altitude problem. At standard height and skinny wheels they look awful.

Done right, I think Mk1 Arosa's look better than Mk2's. Although Lupos on fat wheels and on their arse just look so *right*. Like a little rollerskate!!

• 9 months later...
I have a red arosa sport that has a sunroof. A factory option surely?

Iv got a lupo sport, came standard with an electric sunroof! Not just arosa's that have it dude!

It is all down to opinion, i looked at both cars long and hard, but in hte end still end up buying a Lupo!! theres just more of a pedagree with VeeDub than than there is with Seat i feel.

Plus there are More VW shows than there are Seat shows! Always a plus!!!

(not trying to start any fights here!!!)

James

i couldnt agree more with liam, until they are lowered i think they all look a bit 'funny' to say the least. Lupo over arosa? It would be the lupo for me, mk1 vs mk2? it would have to be the mk1, i really like how it looks quite aggressive, i think the mk2 looks a bit like a test tube baby. No offence to any owners, i would own all three...

Iv got a lupo sport, came standard with an electric sunroof! Not just arosa's that have it dude!

It is all down to opinion, i looked at both cars long and hard, but in hte end still end up buying a Lupo!! theres just more of a pedagree with VeeDub than than there is with Seat i feel.

Plus there are More VW shows than there are Seat shows! Always a plus!!!

(not trying to start any fights here!!!)

James

The sunroof was definitely a factory option when i ordered my sport, think it was a few hundred quid.

I'm obviously going to say the lupo is better otherwise i'd have bought an arosa but i do have a soft spot for the mk1 arosa, much prefer them to the mk2. I think it's hard to get the mk2 arosa to look right, Jack nailed it with his red one though, as did one litre wonder with his old grey one and Gaz's red mk2 on the 16" 3 spokes was awesome too. :D