It doesn't look good

I hit a sand brick last night driving down a country road and noticed a puddle of oil underneath the car in the morning. Topped the oil up, it had lost about a litre over night and drove it back from bristol to london today. The oil didnt go down much if at all on the journey, but there is oil dripping out slowly from the back of the under tray. :angry:

Ill get it on a friends ramps on saturday, but it doesn't look good. The old folks have done the expected, telling me how expensive a lowered car is and to raise it when its fixed. Sump guard/bash plate anyone? :coffee:

This is about an hours worth when I was moving it to make sure the oil was from my car.

DSC00275.jpg

well cant you just take it up by like 5mm? or how ever much it needs to only just miss sand bricks or bumps in the road

You gonna get a new one then Simpo or repair this one?

VW dont stock them just incase you didn't know.

Nice thats not cool guessing ill check the damage tomorrow and see how what needs to be done, might have to trawl some scrappies. :rolleyes:

wasnt there a company making sump guards for overly lowered vws in Practical Car magazine, if there was enough interest in sure they producing a prototype for the lupo/arosa.

Nice thats not cool guessing ill check the damage tomorrow and see how what needs to be done, might have to trawl some scrappies. :rolleyes:

Oh no! I meant they dont have them in stock, so they order them which can take time.

Should of wrote that diff

Sooo happy, turns out that the sump plug had worked its way loose/ not been done up properly before. So cleaned the car up gave it an oil change and its all sorted. :)

Took a look at my wishbones and they have taken a bit of a pounding, the undercover has almost no unscratched areas so im still contemplating getting a sump guard but from searching there about 400 custom made :o