tinted my front lights.

sTeVe-O

first i took the front bumper part off that is need to get to the last bolt of the lights (annoyingly)

13042008012.jpg

then chucked em in the oven on gas mark 1 for 10 mins to melt the sticky sealant

13042008014.jpg

then i pulled the lens away from the rest of the light and got out the chrome ring from inside and sanded it up using 600grade wet&dry.

13042008018.jpg

then i sprayed it with the coats of satin black spray paint from hellfrauds.

13042008019.jpg

then bashed it back in the oven for 10 to get the sealant sticky again, and pushed em back together

13042008015.jpg.

voila

DSC00028.jpg.

and heres one of the new rears

12042008006.jpg

what yer reckon? :D

Got a further away picture of the fronts?

Rear ones look very nice :)

yea would like to see a pic of the front likes from a bit of a distance please

looks great and is nice and cheap :shades:

How is that top part of the bumper held on? Plastic clips?

If it is i just know im going to snap some when i do my lights, i hate those clips, although easily replaced and cheap from vw

Ware you get the rear lights from?? this forum?? if so i sold myn to someone on here who sold them on i tinted them :shades: , there nice aint they lol ,i got the top brake light to go with them lol

yeah two pop studs at each end and clipped along the bottom.

how did you do your indicators heartagram? same way? or did you spray the actual lens?

Exactly the same way but you have to be more careful with the indicators. I nearly melted the actual lens to the casing. Which would have been impossible to break apart :lol:

I heated them up lightly then used a scalpel to kind of cut the old rubber seal holding them together. That way I didn't really risk breaking anything or over heating the plastic so it misshaped or out like that.

Ware you get the rear lights from?? this forum?? if so i sold myn to someone on here who sold them on i tinted them , there nice aint they lol ,i got the top brake light to go with them lol

yeah i got them from dtotty, and yup they are nice.

sell me the brake light :D lol

yh thats the guy i sold them to. stevos are tinted from the outside to, when i first tinted them, they had a matty finish, didnt quite like it, so when i was at work, i gave them a couple of coats of laquaur to give them the shine, they look fab! ill garentee them for ya steve :shades: but the brake light stays with me! is your one red? i might consider a swap some time ;)