Fabia vRS boys comments on Arosa TDI

pietch

Cool thread, although Id be supprised if a Lupo TDI would stay anywhere near a VRS.

Jon may know about the petrol Sport vs the VRS as hes owned both, but I would think the VRS would leave it for dead.

Im confused by the comments about struggling for size, Im over 6'2" and have bags of room.

im 6ft 5 and have room lol

lol grr, cant wait to remap mine now.

also i want to know how my car should handle on 165/50/15's ? i never push it but it has skipped out on me a couple of times. i mostly drive like a gdad lol.

Edited by MattTDI

Right my mate has a fabia VRS so will put it to the test with him, however I know off the lights I'll stand a good chance of keeping up with him, but above 60-70 he'll kick me into dust with his 6-speed box and a shed load more torque.

Personally the Fabia VRS will be quicker, this is coming from myself being a 1.4 TDI owner with a re-map. Its not because my car is a slow map'd, because its not. But Fabia's aren't too heavy for starters as they have a minging, tacky interior. Compared to their more expensive polo, they feel awful inside and you can see how many corners are cut in the interior. The engine in the Fabia VRS feels so much more qutsy then mine, which whilst in gear rolling the fabia would wave goodbye.

Hopefully will have some results from a lights vs a rolling start some time in the next month.

Oh and as for size......

I've ferried an old work collegue who's 6ft 10 and he still had plenty of headroom and even clarkson commented on fitting inside the Lupo's well - video is on youtube someone about them driving a lupo sport and tdi around the M25.

Edited by g-man85

i just read all 3 pages of that and all i can say is..... what ideots. some of them really dont have a clue what they are taking about and sound like to$sers.

i would like to drive a vrs but dont expect it to be anywhere near as good as my Gti, and as for sports being as quick as a Gti, we've been through this, dont wana open a can of worms

Just read all of the posts,

I test drove a fabia VRS, it was crap IMO.

Absolutely dire handling and a boring engine.

They seem to think they could keep up with a gti easily round corners?

I'd love to see a standard one keep up with me.

I've driven a Fabia VRs, excellent car. Fantastic driving position and I thought for standard suspension it handled well for a FWD car, with a decent set up it would probably be very good round the twisties. It was really easy to drive fast, might sound a bit odd, but it's nice feeling, lol!

The same Fabia VRs, with a re-map, managed a 15.1 1/4 mile, not far off a Civic Type R or Mk5 Golf GT, which run high 14s or low 15s depending on conditions and driveri.

How many Lupos are running low 15s? Not many?

There's just as much crap on here as there is on BriSkoda!!

I've driven a Fabia VRs, excellent car. Fantastic driving position and I thought for standard suspension it handled well for a FWD car, with a decent set up it would probably be very good round the twisties. It was really easy to drive fast, might sound a bit odd, but it's nice feeling, lol!

The same Fabia VRs, with a re-map, managed a 15.1 1/4 mile, not far off a Civic Type R or Mk5 Golf GT, which run high 14s or low 15s depending on conditions and driveri.

How many Lupos are running low 15s? Not many?

There's just as much crap on here as there is on BriSkoda!!

Yeah but they normally say goodbye to their clutches after a re-map :)

(My comment was only made upon the research that I did when I was looking at them!)

Edited by petenlaura

Oh yeah, the clutches on the bigger engined diesals does tend to go... think thats quite common.

Nitrous Oxide is considered a "power adder" in pro drag racing, on the same level as a turbo or supercharger, so I wouldn't call it cheating.