I need snow!!!!

v3rmin

Thought i might not take a snowboarding holiday this year with the new baby, but now i am getting seriously itchy about missing out. Has anyone got any ideas for a budget holiday (been looking at bulgaria it seems ok).

Maybe a club lupo snow holiday :D

Think we're hitting Glenshee next weekend - Sat/Sun. Were going to go last week but figured it would be far too busy with being the first big weekend of the season. I'll finally get to try out my new boots - fed up just wearing them round the house!!!

Well... it's kind of a long story and they didn't cross the line, they just sailed very close to it.

Essentially, spent ages on the phone booking it, yes to this, no to that... price was advertised at £370. They took the card details before giving a total, and then at the end said "that comes to £1,840 for four of you including all taxes, we'll book it now and call you back in 10 mins"... to which we kind of said ok, regretably.

When we took 5 mins to sit down and work it out, the 'taxes' were just shy of £100 each.

They called back after 10 mins, we said 'hang on, not sure about this' to which they said 'sorry, it's booked now, you can cancel but there's a 100% cancellation fee'.

Yes, we were a bit slow off the mark, and I'm incredibly annoyed that I didn't see it coming. They weren't upfront about the extras at all.

Sunday River, Maine USA.

Best week of my life. Snowblading poops all over skiing i tell thee.

I felt really special too, went from green runs to double red in less than a week :D

Dont ask me to do it now though as i WILL end up hospitalised.

Has anyone got any ideas for a budget holiday (been looking at bulgaria it seems ok).

i went to bulgaria about a year ago snowboarding and i think from what i can remember it wasnt to much for flights and accomodation...was thinking of going back again with some mates seen as there all going off to uni in a few months

even if it is you make the money back on drink...24p a pint i was paying in some places :shades:

I grew up skiing - tried 6 weeks on a board and figured out it was a waste of time. I'm back on skis again now, and it poops all over snowboarding :P

No offence but i think skiing looks sketchy IMO but each to their own innit :D

i went to bulgaria about a year ago snowboarding and i think from what i can remember it wasnt to much for flights and accomodation...was thinking of going back again with some mates seen as there all going off to uni in a few months

even if it is you make the money back on drink...24p a pint i was paying in some places :shades:

Yea looking foward to a cheap night out lol Finland was mega money about £4.50 a pint :o

I'm saving the pennies for a trip back to canada.. Boarding in Banff was so much better than in Europe.

I have heard Banff is awesome but it is so much more expansive i might go in a few years.

Edited by v3rmin

I grew up skiing - tried 6 weeks on a board and figured out it was a waste of time. I'm back on skis again now, and it poops all over snowboarding :P

Just think how much weight you'd save if you left your ski boots at home! Only got 15kgs to play with remember! Ah, go on! You know you wanna! You're gonna be the odd one out on 2 planks! Think of all the fun times to be had dragging your board up hills you'll be missing out on! :D

I have heard Banff is awesome but it is so much more expansive i might go in a few years.

It really is worth it.. the amount of runs is immense and there are no evil button lifts that launch you into orbit.

While i was there i didn't come across any of the annoying narrow pistes with 0 degree gradient (where you need to build up momentum as a boarder to save yourself from walking) where skiers are determined to be moving roadblocks merrilly zigzaging from edge to edge in their processions

Edited by Kam Racing