Lady lupo

orla

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

just a small update really, wheels have since got some serious camber going and sitting loads better now and tidied up the interior as a temp job by spraying the headliner and grab handles etc

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

headliner

from this

55debfb1-4da2-4421-9919-633a2e6ca6e.jpg

to this

IMG_0402.jpg

Camber up front

stance.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

Also had the misfortune of the battery dying and having to break into the car to get the bonnet open :( had to drill the locks in the end

lesson learned

getting Paint tidyed up again in Southam Bodies and fingers crossed it will be out for UD

Orla, next time that happens. Dont drill the locks!

Jack the car up, remove the under tray if you have one and connect your battery charger to the power terminal on the starter motor.

Bit of a fiddle, but gives you enough power to open the doors

Car looks ace, love the colour!

John

Edited by CasperGTI

Thanks guys :blush::)

I had intended on doing that John but we had bad flooding here at the time and where the car was parked it was uneven so jacking it was impossible, lesson learnt though, will be keeping the bonnet popped from now on when it parked up

Also going fitting LCR splitter, not sure if it will suit the car but will try it anyway, and a new momo team 280 has also been purchased

Yea it will be going lower, thinking about taking out the helper springs in the rear as they are at their lowest

See you at UD for sure, collecting the car the day before and then straight to Telford

• 2 weeks later...

Hi... I think youve commented on one of my threads... I retrimmed my headliner today and went perfectly ... also tried spraying my grab handles etc.. didnt go so good.. then paint has gone dull black .. :S ... any tips as i notice yours look great.. how did you prep them, how many coats of paint.. and what type of paint did you use?? :) Thanks

Tash x

• 2 months later...

Havent updated this in a while - since the above pics its had some paint tidied up, new headlights and indicators

momo team 280mm and carbon fibre door trims which i bought off Mark

Had some mechanical issues with thermostat housing and oil pressure switch and now have a few niggles with egr valve but nothing major

Anyway heres some pics iv robbed from people from UD and Dubshed at the weekend

UD started off on the hard shoulder a few times over heating

untitled-5.jpg

ud10.jpg

4438598379_539e557f95.jpg

ud0.jpg

13319_371568772556_515617556_359132.jpg

door trims

carbon.jpg

and heres some from Dubshed

dubshed.jpg

dubshed1.jpg

and my trophy which i was chuffed to bits with getting

photo-5.jpg

No real plans for immediate future as im completely skint balls from ferries and paint and getting it fixed etc plus for once i think i might actually spend some money on something other than the car :lol: so next thing is just smaller dishes on the front so i can get it lower and sitting better, interior and engine will wait

Saw yours @ UD- absolutely love the colour. Looks stunning with gold on wheels too. Just had quick flick through your thread- quite a rollercoaster so very well done on all your efforts- a credit to you!

P.s. Havnt forgotten about door mirror caps! Ul be first to have! B)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

thought i'd bump the thread before it diseappears into extinction

nothing to report really, car and my bank balance took an 18month holiday from each other

So only a small few updates, split my 2 front wheels, shortened the bolts, got shallower nuts and washers and removed the gaskets, first time splitting and rebuilding wheels so im quite chuffed to report they are holding air :yes:

and im now down from using 9mill spacers to 5mm

from this

photo-11.png

to

photo2-3.jpg

photo1-8.jpg

still not happy but its better than it was

Also started on building a false floor, figured i may as well seeing as though the rear seats were useless anyway

pics fof progress so far and hopefully if carpet arrives tomorrow i shall get it finished over the weekend

photo2-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo5.jpg

Getting a few bits of paint tidied up next month and all going well she shall be over for edition, my fear of her has gone and im now excited about getting out driving it again