Miles to a tank

si_zr105

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.. sounds like something is up, mine was a standard and getting 200-240 like most others.

Take it to your garage and let them have a look, it might be worth it in the long term.

Ive just booked it in... I'm hoping theres something wrong so they can fix it, because for a 1.0.. she consumes like a Range Rover!

So you only get 150 miles from a full tank?

They do use fuel quite well though, im alwasy amased when i go back to my 1.0 after my TDi you can just watch the fuel gauge drop when doing 70.

What kind of driving do you do? Town/motorway? Do you drive it hard?

Had it had spark plugs, air filters, fuel filter, service recently?

So you only get 150 miles from a full tank?

They do use fuel quite well though, im alwasy amased when i go back to my 1.0 after my TDi you can just watch the fuel gauge drop when doing 70.

What kind of driving do you do? Town/motorway? Do you drive it hard?

Had it had spark plugs, air filters, fuel filter, service recently?

I've only had it 2 and a half weeks, and it was serviced before I bought it, apparantely. I do drive it quite hard... as any 18 year old does *grins*... but the driving is mostly in London, stop/start etc, down to Woolwich, up to Greenford quite often, and around various points in Central London for work. But it just seems to drink alot... for a 999cc.

£20 = 190 miles in my Sport. Which is about right as the GTI's aren't much more fuel consuming.

I think we should be comparing the amount of miles done to the amount of litres you put in the car rather than the price as its going UP. If you said £10 a year ago then you would be getting around 210-240 miles for a GTI as fuel prices were much cheaper back then.

10 litres = xxx miles (anyone done there fuel consumption in litres?)

-N-

Edited by Niche

Now fuel is so much more you will be lucky to get 200 miles from £20 as that would mean you had to do more MPG than before.

My 1.0 used to do £20 = 200 miles but not now prices have gone up. That used to work out to about 42MPG

Just filled my 1.4 Sport, 35litres of V power 268.3 miles no fuel light though, I thought Lupo's only had 34litre tanks how accurate do fuel pumps have to be? :confused:

I got it serviced today, and they said theres nothing wrong... 7 miles to a litre from a 1.0E and theres nothing wrong? Hmmm, I need to go to a different garage. You kno them ones where, because they know they'd have to pay for it, they say theres nothing wrong? I took her wheeltrims off today, she looks like a little stealth bomber!!

And how many miles does that see you?

It's difficult to say, depends on journeys and how low I take it etc, 280 is fairly good, been seen to hit 300 before but it's usually about 260ish.

Apart from that one time I drove in particular way to get 400 out of the tank.

Quoting the book a Lupo's petrol tank is approximately 34 litres. So if you ask me I don't know where your putting the other 6 litres. Either that or your getting bummed on 6 litres.

Sorry but a 1 litre can be worse on fuel economy than say a 1.2 because on the motorway you have to keep your foot pressed down more just to keep up to speed.

-N-

Edited by Niche

Quoting the book a Lupo's petrol tank is approximately 34 litres. So if you ask me I don't know where your putting the other 6 litres.

I regularly run my petrol guage past the red and past the zero line. I havent yet run out of fuel, but the most ive managed to put in before is 37.5 litres and that was up to the top of the filler neck. Id assume you could probably get a bit more if you fill up the expansion chamber if they have one?

Or its just coming out of the vent line and your not noticing a puddle on the floor!

John

Nope, it's all going in. Look for a pressure release valve on the right of the filler neck (the cap presses this in when you replace it). Hit this with the filler nozzle a few times when you've filled, and keep squeezing a bit more in. You should be able to get 40 litres in, just.

Nope, it's all going in. Look for a pressure release valve on the right of the filler neck (the cap presses this in when you replace it). Hit this with the filler nozzle a few times when you've filled, and keep squeezing a bit more in. You should be able to get 40 litres in, just.

lol it isn't half annoying to the queue of cars waiting behind you though! I use it for long journeys.

Other than that I get about 260 miles to each tank

Edited by Petes 16V Sport

Sorry but a 1 litre can be worse on fuel economy than say a 1.2 because on the motorway you have to keep your foot pressed down more just to keep up to speed.

1.0s are bad on fuel doing lots of motorway driving since at about 73mph its doing about 4000 rpm! so its really buzzing away. Although saying that a lupo sport is about the same revs at 70ish, its just there is a little mor epower but the sports are very very similar on fuel to 1.0s.

lol it isn't half annoying to the queue of cars waiting behind you though! I use it for long journeys.

Other than that I get about 260 miles to each tank

I know what you mean about the queue - I don't usually do this too much if there are people waiting!