Well that didn't take long

Max69vk

Well its official, the I-phone was not the success it was hyped to be, the proof of this today being the introduction of the unit into the dealer & distribution channels (due to overstocking & low sales figures). Whilst there are thousands of grey market non-warrantied stock available we are just one of many companies to have taken delivery of our first batch of UK fully warrantied units...... Sim free!

The units are still on the O2 network but you dont have to buy a contract with them! If you are already on O2 you will be able to buy a phone, slot in your O2 PAYG or contract sim & it will retain full functionality & all of the manufacturer warranties! Dont expect units to be cheap at around the £450-£500 mark (minimum) to the public, however it can still work out a lot cheaper than being stuck on the 18 month contract package, especially if you like to change your phone every 12 months - By which time the 2nd generation I-phone should be out.

Expect to start seeing them at your local independants very soon.

:)

bloke in a small supermarket infront of me last night, chatted loudly on the phone (makig sure his hand waas held in such a way that the apple sign was visible to everyone. Didn't even put it down to pay for the items, **** of the highest order and another reason why not to buy one.

Been playing with them more & more, & if Im honest Im liking them more & more too. I still have my gripes about the hardware specifications & a couple of oversights with regards to the software, but Im sure they'll have it all sorted next time round + Im certain Apple & O2 will have leant their lesson when it comes to trying change the way an entire industry operates.

If it means software updates are more regular then I'm all for it.

The more people with the phones will mean Apple will be getting more and more requests for new features.

doesnt appear to be official.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/iPhone

Of course its not official, its probably just some made up bull-crap by a microsoft bum-boy trying to upset people who choose not to buy m/s

Hell, If i used £35 worth of text / calls each month, i know i'd have one...

Edited by nfbr

Of course its not official, its probably just some made up bull-crap by a microsoft bum-boy trying to upset people who choose not to buy m/s

Hell, If i used £35 worth of text / calls each month, i know i'd have one...

It's official, I'll explain it tomorrow though as I cant be arsed to do it tonight. The obvious reason they dont plaster it all over the websites is that they want to get you tied into an 18 month contract ;)

i did consider the iphone when my contract was up for renewal, but couldn't justify spending that amount on a phone and paying for a contract too

i have an LG Viewty, which is a great phone, better looking than the iphone imo, easy to use and an amazing 5mp camera. just hope it lasts 18 months!!

It's official, I'll explain it tomorrow though as I cant be arsed to do it tonight. The obvious reason they dont plaster it all over the websites is that they want to get you tied into an 18 month contract ;)

Unless published by apple, carphone warehouse or o2, then its not official...

Even if it does end up being £450, or £500, people who had the first quarms with it being £900 over a 1.5 year pereod are still gona say its too dear...

they need to make it affordable, as quite frankly, spending £500 on a phone which comes with no airtime or anything, is stupidity...

they need to make it affordable, as quite frankly, spending £500 on a phone which comes with no airtime or anything, is stupidity...

Doesn't happen often, but I completly agree.

Who cares if you dont have to be tied into a 18 month contract?

You still have to be with o2, you still have to spend £500 and you'll still look like you drive a Audi TT everytime you answer the phone.

Too much money.

All warranties supplied by Apple, O2 are not involved with the units bar the fact it is on their network (you can use any O2 sim). Yes it is still relatively expensive, however you do realise that most networks actually loose money on most phones supplied on contracts even when you 'pay' for them? The networks take the gamble that they will make money from calls or texts above & beyond those supplied FOC with the contract.

Prime example: Nokia N95 given away free on most contracts, cost price direct from Nokia (not consumer price) is £282+ vat, most 12 month contracts will just about cover the cost of the phone (depending on the deal). They then need to supply all the free calls & texts each month, how much do they actually make? Not a lot is the answer, hence the reason why networks are all changing to 18 month contracts.

All warranties supplied by Apple, O2 are not involved with the units bar the fact it is on their network

So effectively, Its £500 for an iPhone which doesnt come with an Apple Warranty, or an o2 warranty!

So effectively, Its £500 for an iPhone which doesnt come with an Apple Warranty, or an o2 warranty!

Are you blind? Read again what you've quoted above! :lol:

It reads as to say: Apple and O2 Give you a warranty which does not involve the unit (in this case a phone?) Thus they give you a warranty on fresh air ?

I don't get it... I'm now almost certain its worded wrongly or badly.

all warranties are supplied by apple.

o2 are not involved with the iphone apart from it being on their network.

so if your iphone screws up, you ring apple not o2.

the warranty is for the hardware, as with any phone. if your n95 screwed up you'd send it to nokia, if your f700 screwed up you'd send it to samsung.

if your iphone screws up, you send it to apple.

all warranties are supplied by apple.

o2 are not involved with the iphone apart from it being on their network.

so if your iphone screws up, you ring apple not o2.

the warranty is for the hardware, as with any phone. if your n95 screwed up you'd send it to nokia, if your f700 screwed up you'd send it to samsung.

if your iphone screws up, you send it to apple.

Doesn't that go without saying for ANY phone?

Doesn't that go without saying for ANY phone?

Contract phones you just call your provider and they send someone to collect it and send you a new one within 24hrs, no dealing with the phone manufacturer.

Have to disagree, my mate has one and it feels flimsy, cheap, and extremely tacky.

NOCK

Really? Mine feels solid & very well made, even after dropping it twice its hardly marked & not experienced any problems. As for it being tacky? WTF? It's one of the best made & designed units out there! :lol: