!BUDGETING!

Daz_Kez

well your on £68 more than me a week mate! ha, college pay you £30 ? wish they did that with me,

iv had to pay for everything in my life when mates get everything for free, but makes you respect things more imo :) ,

and also out of my £100 a week £15 is board which is cheap and fair imo,

i work 8-5 ish 4 days a week and 1 day college

:(

rich

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday : 9:00-16:00 College, 16:45-23:00 Work

Tuesday: ___ 16:45-23:00 Work

Wednesday: 9:00-15:00 College, 16:45-23:00 Work

Thursday: ___ 16:45-23:00 Work

Friday: 9:00-16:00 College

:( , how much did your car cos rich?

sent you a pm daz

i have been saving for years thats how i get the funds,

im on my 3rd job now and 2nd car and im 16! and not been 16 long ha,

1st job, saturday job at a cafe worked over 1 year

2nd job, greenskeeping at a golf course 6-2 and £200 week at 15 not bad :) worked 7 weeks of holidays etc,

3rd job aprentice electrician on a crap £100 a week but thats life

also use to wash cars etc in my street at £20 a car :)

just save mate you will get there soon :)

rich

I agree with OLW totally, i worked my bits off for my car and i appreciated it so much more. Other people just use mummy and daddy's car and rag the crap out of it. The GTi they helped me out with, but ive paid for insurance (now 19, was 18 when i had it :coffee: ) tax and running costs though.

Plus its your own car and you can do as you please ;)

I wouldn't care if my parents paid for a car. I dont see it as any less reason to be respected than if you were to buy your own car.

Its if you treat the car and your parents like crap, then you don't deserve recognition.

My loop was paid half by my parents through inheritance. I hope no one thinks that my dead grans money makes me a daddy'd girl.

Anyway, saving money sucks. Some people are alot better at it than others. I'm crap as I love buying and spending.

But you do feel extra special case when you have got there in the end

I wouldn't care if my parents paid for a car. I dont see it as any less reason to be respected than if you were to buy your own car.

Its if you treat the car and your parents like crap, then you don't deserve recognition.

My loop was paid half by my parents through inheritance. (I hope no one thinks that my dead grans money makes me a daddy'd girl.) WELL I DON'T

(Anyway, saving money sucks.) DAM RIGHT! Some people are alot better at it than others. I'm crap as I love buying and spending.

(But you do feel extra special case when you have got there in the end) HOPEFULLY

I dont see the difference if you pay for it yourself or if its a present, its still your own car and you should resepct it just as much either way. Which i do, although i know a lot of people who dont care about their cars as their parents will just buy them a new one or fix it if they break it.

If someone doesnt treat a car which has been given to them with respect then they dont respect their parents, the parents should'nt have given them a car, since they obviously can not be trusted with it.

Update: 27/11/07

Now saved £1570 ?

Target By X-m-a-S : Atleast £2000

Target By 26th June: £3000-4000

cheers people :rolleyes:

Edited by Daz_Kez

Your on a decent income for your age! I was earning £5.85 per hour only 6 months ago (24). National Minimum Wage sucked. Now I work lots of hours and get a good wage!

Edited by M1 Lupo

incase you didn't know you must be 18 and have a full time job to get a credit card.... :P

_£1800_ :D

Edited by Daz_Kez

incase you didn't know you must be 18 and have a full time job to get a credit card.... :P

_£1800_ :D

You dont have to have a full time job, unless its changed.

I didn't when I got mine anyway

Edited by Picola