!BUDGETING!

Daz_Kez

Im attempting to save money for my 1st car, and guess what? Its a B**ch!

Ive been attempting to save for around 6 weeks, And I Currently Hold £1440 :(

NOT ENOUGH :angry2:

But since im at college Its hard to save, I Earn Around £138.00 a week from work

And £30 from college......

Somehow Im Managing with no money....

Will Hopefully beable to last :blink:

Anyone else have this problem?

The Maths?

£1440 / 6 = £240 :wacko:

Strange but im not complaining.... :)

I've got to buy everything myself... :( unlike my friends who just ask daddy the skanky b**tards!

:) Hopefully i'll do ok though, fingers crossed :)

Edited by Daz_Kez

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep Im Comlaining :) But My Friends HAve Got Full Time Jobs On Like £3-4.00 an hour but im on £5.67 (part time (25 hours)) :D

Edited by Daz_Kez

I've got to buy everything myself... :( unlike my friends who just ask daddy the skanky b**tards!

:) Hopefully i'll do ok though, fingers crossed :)

here mate i was the same , my first car was a 1.1 pug 106 and i got slagged by one of the guys at school cause it was 6yrs old yet he was using mummys brand new daewoo matiz!!! mind you i had the last laugh when the hand brake cable on his car snapped and it ran into the back of his mates car :lol:

put it this way mate , when you get the car you will respect it more than somebody who has just been handed a car that as well as you will be less likely to take risks in it incase you total it which would scrap your pride and joy

You're doing well mate. Make the most of a commitment free life whilst you can. Try saving when you have a house, 2 cars, an 11 month old and a dog. Our monthly OUTGOINGS on bills is 2k!!! Living with Mum & Dad never looked so appealing eh?

Kieron, I'll take the cars and the dog off you if that'l'l help! :)

My first car a 1969 Singer Chamois cost me £65. I loved it and treated it like a baby!

Wide steels, sports exhaust, lowered suspension...

Ah! when was that...

...oh I remember, 1981.

You're doing pretty well at saving, but you call always become a rent boy if you need it quicker!

Edited by Silver!

Kieron, I'll take the cars and the dog off you if that'l'l help! :)

My first car a 1969 Singer Chamois cost me £65. I loved it and treated it like a baby!

Wide steels, sports exhaust, lowered suspension...

Ah! when was that...

...oh I remember, 1981.

You're doing pretty well at saving, but you call always become a rent boy if you need it quicker!

Haha! How Bout You Suck My C**k?

:blush:

You have done well to get that much in just 6 weeks, wont be too long until you can afford a nice lupo/arosa :)

here mate i was the same , my first car was a 1.1 pug 106 and i got slagged by one of the guys at school cause it was 6yrs old yet he was using mummys brand new daewoo matiz!!! mind you i had the last laugh when the hand brake cable on his car snapped and it ran into the back of his mates car :lol:

put it this way mate , when you get the car you will respect it more than somebody who has just been handed a car that as well as you will be less likely to take risks in it incase you total it which would scrap your pride and joy

Well i was promised a car for my 18th, but i wasnt waiting a year to drive, so i had the use of my sisters saxo for the first three months, but i had an AX which had been sat in the back garden for about 7 months so i put that on the road and used that until i got my Arosa in 2004. so i had a Jreg Ax 1.0 for my first car, it was a lot older than 6 year old!, and everything went wrong with it, needing two new engines!. I do well with engines dont I ;)

I had the AX on the road for about 3 months and it was going downhill with the gearbox being on the way out towards the end.

I had seen a 18 month old arosa for sale but knew it was 6 months too early for my 18th, but i had a test drive anyway, it then it sold, so i was a bit gutted.

However a few weeks later the same arosa arrived in the garage on (chr1stmas) - Too soon to talk about this time of year! morning, i was over the moon :D

I think because it had been a present i was a lot more careful with it, it made me a better driver because i respected the car, so totally different to my old Citroen!

I still love that little arosa which is why i still have it, its still in really good condition since its always looked after, probably a lot more than my TDi is ;)

Keep on with the saving, it will be more than worth it when your in your own pride and joy :D

EDIT: why on earth wont it let me say chr1stmas! :lol:

Edited by cardaft

Still not decided yet on a lupo or arosa.... :blink::wacko::blush:

may need some help/advie with that problem...

All down to taste really, if you like the look of the lupo over the arosa then buy a lupo, prefer an arosa buy an arosa. Simple :D

*cough* arosas are better *cough*

:P

Edited by cardaft

Arosas are better value and better equiped compared to the equvalent lupo.

However the only thing i would say is the 1.4 Arosa S is an 8v so only has 60BHP, where as lupo 1.4 are 16v with 75bhp. You very rarely see a 1.4 Arosa manual though, they are usually autos since not many bothered to pay the extra for the 10BHp over the 1.0S. I never considered a 1.4 petrol so it wasnt an issue for me.

But if your looking at a sport then the arosa is the better one IMO, better looks, all have side air bags (NO lupos have that!) later models have the loverly 15" sport wheels, also one group lower in insurance too.

May i say the TDi is excellent, and insurance group 4 too :) 1.0s are perfect, especially for a first car.

But I Usually see 1.4 sports for the same or less than a 1.0.....

but if i got a good offer on a 1.0 i suppose i'd take it.....

would prefer a red/white/yellow sport though :)