:( just as i thought my luck changed for the better

one litre wonder ;)

driving home from uni and the council had stripped a section of road back ready to resuface tonight and they hadnt warned you of it and did i not end up battering the car down onto a stripped back road and cracking the sump off of a sticking up stank , que oil everywhere . i had to get towed home so i didnt run without oil in the engine :(

Its just one of those things sorry to hear about it, hopefully you can get some money back off the council. I hit a crack in the road yesterday and scraped one of my alloys im just lucky there not too expensive. :(

driving home from uni and the council had stripped a section of road back ready to resuface tonight and they hadnt warned you of it and did i not end up battering the car down onto a stripped back road and cracking the sump off of a sticking up stank , que oil everywhere . i had to get towed home so i didnt run without oil in the engine :(

they didnt warn you? they have 2 by law. lol ad sue them lol :D

Edited by eltis

ive yet to check the front bumper , i dont want to be in tears if i see they have cracked to hell and back , and by christ i will be claiming them for the new sump

Mate thats really unlucky, I'm sure you'll have it sorted in to time though. Theres a roundabout on my way to work which has had all the road surface stripped off it, I came off a night shift, was dark with no signs, I hit the 2" step where the road surface starts again at 40mph, it was like driving into a curb. Stupid council :angry:

bummer mate...whack a claim in straight away

And good luck with that

Councils aren't exactly known for giving out payments

"Yes Mr Richard, we know the unstable lamp post fell down and killed your grandma, but she shouldn' t of been walking there"

Or something on those lines

And good luck with that

Councils aren't exactly known for giving out payments

"Yes Mr Richard, we know the unstable lamp post fell down and killed your grandma, but she shouldn' t of been walking there"

Or something on those lines

tell me about it , ive still not seen anything from the last claim i put into the council from early may this year when i hit a pot hole that deep i buckled a wheel , damaged the front bumper and sill from the car hitting the ground :(

*huggles*

Poopy news :( But a beer or 5 sounds like a much better idea than going to check out the other damage.

Don't forget, lots of pictures ASAP, get in a good complaint now and hopefully they will respond - remind them about the other one too.

p.s. One of my housemates is going to come tomorrow as it doesn't sound like you'll be fixed in time!

the cars currently in the W.Livingstons branch of SEAT so i trust them whole heartedly with the car and i know they will treat the car fairly considering there used to having my car off its wheels and making sure the rear springs go back into place when they put it back on its wheels

finally got the car back today , new sump ( they had to rethread a hole to get it to fit the new sump back on ) , new wishbone , 2 new sections of exhaust ( the bit with the flexi on it and the centre section as when its been shunted back it broke amount and the front bumper repainted ...