WoW

bossjohnc

I avoid Heroics...they're stupidly hard - even compared to the high end instances - you need a perfectly balanced party and the rewards suck. They need to fix them, because there isn't any point, other than for a couple of attunement quests. As a clothy I get 1-shotted by everything, its just annoying.

Not fussed about the epic flyer - too much like hard work to get the cash together!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
Battlefield 2 online is where its all at

Nothing better than killing some n00b over the pond with your shock paddles.....Clear!

Then teabaggin' that mofo!

Battlefield 2 is pretty much the way forward..... an 4 "teabaggin", tht is pretty much the ultimate piss take!!! :lol:

Why pay 2 play WoW... when theres a perfectly good game in Guildwars... which is free too play!!

TBH WoW is no 'geekier' than any other game - but then SouthPark didn't help. Its the public impression that everyone who plays the game does so 10 hours a day... :P

I've upped my gear a little: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...e&n=Holthar

And I've had my epic mount for a while now, makes the dailies easier (but still boring).

Bit of Kara loot there, I notice. I like Kara, but we don't do it anymore, we're on SSC and TK now. I got my epic flyer yesterday, funnily enough :) I don't do dailies because as a heal spec its not really viable. However I'm making a mint from Alchemy, and with an epic flyer you can cover zones so much easier for herbs.

I too am waiting on Warhammer, word from the Beta testers is not good though - lets hope the 'close' they had over the Christmas period has made some improvements.

Class balance in WoW isn't too bad - considering how hard it must be to balance, its about as good as it'll get.

As for the casual and hardcore, I do agree. Once you've hit 70, casual game is over. Heroics and Raids to require quite a bit of time-sink. But on the other hand, rewarding both the hardcore and the casual is another difficult task....

Had my first experience of TK tonight - from a guild that's falling apart slightly, we tried for Grulls but not enough people showed. We took 20 to TK and really didn't do that badly. I think we'll be back quite soon!

Just got to get that pvp healing mace, it's my last major upgrade for now.

Battlefield 2 online is where its all at :shades:

Nothing better than killing some n00b over the pond with your shock paddles.....Clear!

Then teabaggin' that mofo!

Lmao

Yeah even thou BF2 is rather old skool now it's deffo

got it still... Nothing like sitting back with a beer and crashing youre jet into tanks :rolleyes:

Had my first experience of TK tonight - from a guild that's falling apart slightly, we tried for Grulls but not enough people showed. We took 20 to TK and really didn't do that badly. I think we'll be back quite soon!

Just got to get that pvp healing mace, it's my last major upgrade for now.

You'd have more luck with Gruul than in TK ! Even the trash is quite hard there, although saying that Void Reaver is a pushover and drops T5 stuff.

this thread needs a geek warning

You need a health warning, but you don't see me spamming your threads :P

TK raids is it?

What pisses me off most about WoW, I had Felheart when TBC came out, now I'm in casual/5-man blues. They had the most ridiculous way of making epics completely useless. Felheart was absolutely pwned by something you'd find off a hog in Hellfire Peninsula! How does that make sense?

With the WoTLK, everything everyone has so worked so hard to get will once again by completely useless...

And what's up with EVERYONE being able to play Death Knights? Any class can complete the quest? That's ridiculous! Surely a level seventy paladin with a very epic item should be the only players, showing your pledge to being a Paladin and then betraying it.

I mean, a Rogue unlocking the Death Knight class... Now, come on Blizzard.

Yes, I'm not much looking forward to the next expansion for that very reason - if ever there was a good time to quit, that would be it. I should be decked out in expensive epixx that I've been working hard to get by then (got some already) and I won't be happy to see them go and be superceded by trash greens.

I suspect Warhammer Online launch will be the same day, or the same week. I was addicted to Everquest through GCSE's, Warcraft during A-Levels and hopefully Warhammer during Degree.

Keep the MMO addiction coming. I'm not sure what we be better, Warhammer or Conan... I guess everyone's thinking the same!

The whole gear thing, I assume, was done because otherwise anyone with decent gear would be pretty much sorted until level 68-ish. I suppose it was done to level the playing field again.

But yeah, pre-TBC was much better - the fact that Azeroth is now just one loooong tutorial and is simply a means to an end has pretty much destroyed the old game. TBC isn't an expansion of the game world, its a replacement. WoTLK will be exactly the same.

As for Death Knights, they say they're a hero Pally class but they're no more powerful that the others, so in reality its just another class, and they've made it available to everyone.

They've just exceeded 10million active subs though, so they're obviously doing something right.

The whole gear thing, I assume, was done because otherwise anyone with decent gear would be pretty much sorted until level 68-ish. I suppose it was done to level the playing field again.

But yeah, pre-TBC was much better - the fact that Azeroth is now just one loooong tutorial and is simply a means to an end has pretty much destroyed the old game. TBC isn't an expansion of the game world, its a replacement. WoTLK will be exactly the same.

As for Death Knights, they say they're a hero Pally class but they're no more powerful that the others, so in reality its just another class, and they've made it available to everyone.

They've just exceeded 10million active subs though, so they're obviously doing something right.

Well, they don't actually say that all 10million subscriptions are active, I mean, I'm counted, and mine isn't. So that's technically not true.

They should have implemented a much better system of getting new gear through TBC, expanding what they had, not replacing it completely.

PvP needs work, alot of work. The PvP isn't skill, it's just anti-classes. Mage>Warrior, Paladin>Warrior, Warlock>Anyone...

The PvP areas like battlegrounds completely demolished open world PvP which is almost the best part of an MMO. The classes need balancing, instead of adding new ones they should balance what they have already.

The arena system works, but it's not casual friendly. It's hardcore, asking every member of a team to be online and willing to take time in the arena, I would prefer to get my gear from a dungeon than win it killing other people, the rewards for PvP should not be as great as the rewards for dungeons.

Bot's, hackers, spam and TBC have ruined WoW.

Absolutely agree about the bots and spam - although I have to say I've not seen as many bots around as I have done in the past. Might be because I'm less likely to go where they are though.

I wholeheartedly agree about the PvP loot too - this mace I'm trying to get is 25200 hp, and it's boring as hell grinding the daily and AV to get it. I'd rather spend my game time doing something interesting than being constantly ganked by locks and rogues because I'm a healer. The mace, however, has better healing stats than anything a 10 man raid can provide.