WoW

bossjohnc

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still play with a bunch of mates from work. About 7 of us in total, we have a laugh. If they didn't play I wouldn't bother, I only really play for the social aspect, and 60% of the population on there are "l33t kiddies" who do my nut.

If you've only just joined up, get on the "Stormrage" realm, and say hi :) I can even get you into a very friendly guild.

I used to play it, on the US servers though, was with a not bad guild until it suffered the inevitable 'guild death' and I was the only one on pretty much most of the time, so it got boring real quick. I think my highest toon got to 62 before i got too bored to carry on using it as an expensive talker.

Went back to playing offline games, currently working through Neverwinter Nights II with an evil toon, aptly named 'Mister Morden'. Also been playing GTA3 with the RealGTA3 mod on it, that's a whole lot of fun :)

I've been playing WoW on and off since Beta...got a level60 Rogue (no longer used), Level 70 Holy Priest (Main), Level 70 Mage and a 39 Pally (only because my mate wants someone to level with)

I wouldn't rave about the game, its 'ok' I guess. It does get boring once you've seen it all, and I've started doing some of the 'end game' stuff with the guild (Karazan, Gruuls, Magtheridon) but its too much like hard work so I only do it now and again.

Like you Rob, I prefer a good single player game with a story - Baldurs Gate2, SW: Knights of the Old Republic, Deux Ex etc. I thought NWN2 was 'ok' but not a patch on BG2. I looked at the new expansion for it...but not sure.

Currently looking forward to Mass Effect on the 360...Sci-fi + RPG + Deep Story + Bioware = my type of game.

Its evil and must be destroyed.

It was the cause of all the hassle I had last year with a housemate, and is the reason I will probably end up having to fork out a couple of hundred pounds to cover his share of the bills <_<

I'm trying for Kara at the moment - having a hard time finding anyone with decent dps for BM though. Guildies are running Kara every day and don't seem to have much time to spare to help me, although hopefully that'll change tomorrow night.

I was an avid BG fan, absolutely loved BG1, and BG2 of course.

There are some ... interesting.... stories of addiction on various gaming sites. People starting at 9am, and not leaving their keyboard until midnight, etc. I suppose the best way of understanding it is to watch the episode of South Park called "Make Love Not Warcraft". People seem to find it very addictive, its that "just one more quest and I'll get the next level/item" thing.

Blizzard must be absolutely rolling in it though - 9million subscribers at $10 a month is $90million dollars a month through the doors. And thats not including all the money they've made from boxed sales.

<geek mode>

John, BM is a crap instance, hated it. Its suprisingly easy in a good group, but if one person is disorganised it makes it incredibly difficult. Worthwhile getting down to Kara though, can get kitted out very quickly </GM>

<GM>It's so hard to get a good group together - I have some good healing and mp5 gear that's perfect for BM, and I use healbot. Usually the good guys go through it and never go back, so it's hard to persuade them - as you said it's not a nice instance. Seen the southpark episode - /lol </GM>

You have some very nice gear there! I'm yet to even get in to a single heroic, so I have a fair few greens still - although some of them are quite good for what I do.

Saving up for my epic flying training atm - taking an absolute age but I'm more than halfway there.