Chocolate bar wrappers

Putney

Just looking at my empty Cadbury's Twirl wrapper. I have always noticed they and a few other bars have Arabic on the back. I thought out of all the Languages this would be the least likely.

Could it be that Cadbury's is a favourite in the middle east? Funded by Arabs like Aston Martin was for the last 15 years?

Discuss.

Social inclusion, world market forces, etc...

But our chocolate over here is different to the chocolate around the world. Ever had chocolate abroad? It tastes horrible! Why not Chinese or some other language like spanish? Not that many people in the world speak arabic!

But our chocolate over here is different to the chocolate around the world. Ever had chocolate abroad? It tastes horrible! Why not Chinese or some other language like spanish? Not that many people in the world speak arabic!

There are a large amount of people in UK now don't speak English, past being able to get by on a daily basis. My other half is a librarian and they have books in just about every language you can imagine.

Sign of the times.

and I agree, most foreign chocolate is gash!! American especially!

Maybe they write it in obscure languages so those who come live here, but can't be bothered trying to blend in can sue the manufacturers when they disagree with the contents.

R

Is it made in the UK?

Lots of shops have started buying stuff in from the middle east because it's cheaper. There's a fairly large sandwich shop chain round here that sells arabic coke. It tastes rubbish.

Foreign chocolate (like from Australia) tastes horrible because they put additives in to stop it melting in the hot climate I think.

the reason y chocolate abroad tastes so crap is because they dont have as many E numbers etc. . .

im with adam k about the hersheys is fit. but my all time fav has got to be milka biscuit. hhmmmmm

chm300k.jpg

Edited by 2001gti

Nope. They sell were selling them in Asda. They have the gelatin and alcohol based colourings replaced with Muslim-friendly stuff instead. Less rubbery texture too.

Muslim people are the pickiest people out there imo. They always want things that 'respect' there religion or culture or they claim they are being descriminated against. When they aren't being discriminated against, its just this isn't a Mulsim country and that needs to be realised. I'm not white Christian English, but I apprecaite that majority of this country is and it'll only work if everyone compromises but I don't think the British should lose themselves in trying to be coming politically correct because someone else with a bias view says they are being un-PC.

I know this will cause people to kick off (and some people will go all this just because of chocolate? :lol:), but someone has to say it imo.

Muslim people are the pickiest people out there imo. They always want things that 'respect' there religion or culture or they claim they are being descriminated against. When they aren't being discriminated against, its just this isn't a Mulsim country and that needs to be realised. I'm not white Christian English, but I apprecaite that majority of this country is and it'll only work if everyone compromises but I don't think the British should lose themselves in trying to be coming politically correct because someone else with a bias view says they are being un-PC.

I know this will cause people to kick off (and some people will go all this just because of chocolate? :lol:), but someone has to say it imo.

Well i got to disagree there. There are two million Mussys in this country now. Supply and demmand. I was in Feltham yesterday..... avoid it if possible. Its full of common as muck english people and a lot of none english speaking foreign people. I was in Nando's getting my two chicken burgers and chips for lunch when I noticed that I couldn't hear anyone speaking english in the restaurant and the staff who worked there were all speaking something else, the papers on the table were all african papers. Its not just Brits here anymore and I think you got to accept that. And personally being married to a south african and also having ozzy flat mates I see nothing wrong with it.

thing is, south africans and ozzies dont expect us to change our culture here.

where as a lot of foreign muslims are just ignorant and dont try to adapt or fit in to OUR countries ways of living.

for example, i had a guy come into work today to withdraw 500 quid (a muslim btw) and all he said to me was '500 - twenties'

'sorry sir i have ran out of twenties this afternoon'

'hmph twenties'

'sorry sir i have no twenties, just tens'

'no! twenties'

'sir i have NO twenties'

arrogant *******, should accept what he's given like the rest of us.

sorry but people prepared to adapt are more than welcome here. people who are rude/arrogant and isolate themselves should stay put.

Not that many people in the world speak arabic!

Surely loads of people speak arabic?

I used to work in Tesco's and I got loads of people who would come in a try and use coupons they couldnt etc and when I told them they couldnt they would just stand there and keep trying to give me them. It is when people live places and dont learn the language that pisses me off.

Although us brits are just as bad in Spain, Greece etc

Surely loads of people speak arabic?

I used to work in Tesco's and I got loads of people who would come in a try and use coupons they couldnt etc and when I told them they couldnt they would just stand there and keep trying to give me them. It is when people live places and dont learn the language that pisses me off.

Although us brits are just as bad in Spain, Greece etc

I blame the government

bloomin' labour has opened up the borders to everyone! Made it so easy its not true!

thing is, south africans and ozzies dont expect us to change our culture here.

where as a lot of foreign muslims are just ignorant and dont try to adapt or fit in to OUR countries ways of living.

for example, i had a guy come into work today to withdraw 500 quid (a muslim btw) and all he said to me was '500 - twenties'

'sorry sir i have ran out of twenties this afternoon'

'hmph twenties'

'sorry sir i have no twenties, just tens'

'no! twenties'

'sir i have NO twenties'

arrogant *******, should accept what he's given like the rest of us.

sorry but people prepared to adapt are more than welcome here. people who are rude/arrogant and isolate themselves should stay put.

You should have given him 20 pence pieces (assuming he wanted notes). That would've served him right for not communicating his request clearly enough. Mind you, what kind of a bank runs out of £20 notes...