Das Auto.

jon_273

Seeing as I have not updated this since I bought the car I thought I would take a few new pics. I've made a few subtle changes.

The SE wheels are now my only wheels as the SE sold with the sport wheels on.

Red Gti seatbelts fitted after Ed38 last year (no interior pics as of yet).

I also bought a rear spoiler at ED38 but I can't decide whether or not to put it on, opinions would be welcome!

The orange filter inside the Cambridge lights has gone, and I've fitted Osram Diadem bulbs.

Also fitted some Eibach springs. In this pic you can see how the back sits just resting on the bump stops with no springs in:

P1010398.jpg

IMAG0012-1.jpg

I've removed the bump strip on one side, and even using loads of autoglym tar remover and the megs steps 1 and 2, you can still see the mark slightly. The other side can wait until warmer weather!

Yesterday I gave it a winter polish and wax and took some night time photos:

P1010245.jpg

P1010248.jpg

P1010250.jpg

P1010251.jpg

P1010255-1.jpg

P1010260.jpg

P1010257.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by jon_273

Its looking very smart Jon, that light really shows off the coulour nicely.

Particularly like pics 5 and 6, that new camera is working well!

Looking forward to you helping me take some good pics of mine in a nice location :) although i dont have as much patients as you when it comes to cleaning cars :P Mine is a quick wash every 2-3 weeks this time of year! Roll on spring ;)

Its looking very smart Jon, that light really shows off the colour nicely.

Particularly like pics 5 and 6, that new camera is working well!

Looking forward to you helping me take some good pics of mine in a nice location :) although i dont have as much patience as you when it comes to cleaning cars :P Mine is a quick wash every 2-3 weeks this time of year! Roll on spring ;)

I've never had such a clean car in the winter before! Unfortunately it doesn't stay like that for too long. We can do yours sometime soon if the weather is good :)

I say. What a nice car!

Thanks!

Wow Jon! that looks really nice mate, are they just the eibach pro springs on, that we talked about way back? cos if they are they look cushti :thumbsup:

Yeah mate thats exactly what they are!

I'm quite pleased with them. I'll take you out for a drive if you're wanting to see what the ride is like, at the next meet or something.

Don't see them very often in that colour. Although I say that, I see one every day but other than that one you don't see them much :lol:

Dunno why, gorgeous colour. I thought more people would have bought them in it!

I've never had such a clean car in the winter before! Unfortunately it doesn't stay like that for too long. We can do yours sometime soon if the weather is good :)

It will stay cleaner for longer now though so its worth doing and looks fantastic B)

Yeah i wouldnt mind some help with it, thanks :)

@Phil, your bonnet took some explaining to my dad the other day when we saw you :lol: . "whats happened to that!" he said :P

@Phil, your bonnet took some explaining to my dad the other day when we saw you :lol: . "whats happened to that!" he said :P

:lol: My mam's had the postman asking what had happened and if I was getting it repainted. How could it happen by accident?! :lol:

Thanks for all the replies guys! I'm really pleased with how it looks at the moment.

Lovely colour. Really like the wheels too. Good job you forgot to swap them over when you sold the Cambridge though, eh? ;)

:thumbsup:

:lol:

They were what drew me to the Cambridge in the first place, so I wasn't planning to let them go ;)

:lol: My mam's had the postman asking what had happened and if I was getting it repainted. How could it happen by accident?! :lol:

Most people probably don't understand the concept that you did it on purpose :lol:

Yeah mate thats exactly what they are!

I'm quite pleased with them. I'll take you out for a drive if you're wanting to see what the ride is like, at the next meet or something.

Yeah that would be brilliant thank you :thumbup:

Edited by mik3y

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been meaning to sort out the sounds for a while now, and have been looking for a decent small amplifier to fit under a seat. Found this Genesis SM60 and it fits the bill perfectly! I was surprised how easy it is to remove the front seats, providing you have all the tools at hand!

P1010436.jpg

Due to the wiring of the standard speakers, I've got the Genesis powering the door speakers directly, and have left the tweeters running off the headunit amplifier. IMO wiring the speakers up 'active' gives a lot better quality when using an aftermarket headunit. Also the fader control can then be used to adjust the volume of the tweeters to the door speakers.

All the wiring is now hidden and the seat still slides forward and backwards without catching the amplifier :)

A couple more pics for good measure

P1010326.jpg

P1010314.jpg

Let me know what you think.

• 3 weeks later...
this is just like mine a grey tdi mine is 53 plate with no air con though and prob more miles and needs a bit of tlc but have bought coillies and 14 by 8's for it now

I've just looked at your thread, mine used to look like that!

Mines done 41K, and I've just had the cambelts and waterpump changed (the old parts looked perfect after they were taken out :rolleyes:)

looks great

love that colour

aren't the genesis company british? :)

Yes they are. Their amplifiers are hand built too.

looks really tidy

the intrior dark greys really suit the awsome exterior shade!

Good name too from one Jon 2 another

Yeah, great name :shades:, cheers