Panda 100HP...

AndyW

Im pretty excited you see, So I'm not sure she is going to see that much of it.

thats more truthful wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

do think you have made the right choice Andy, the panda is one of very few cars that impressed me in nearly every way and when you add in the good price which alone sets it apart and the stealth looks youve got quite a tidy car

the c2 VTs is a very good car and always feels lively, the whole drive feels smooth yet quick but the interior feel and quality is a downfall that and the fact the quality doesnt apparently last that well and a saxo is miles quicker, i also was severely disapointed with the swifts so left them well alone

im surprised you didnt much for a look at the sportka it is quite frankly one of the best little hatchs you can buy and i found it so much better than both the gtis i have driven blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

the one that you test drove isnt the one i sent you in PM a while ago is it?

wayne

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im surprised you didnt much for a look at the sportka it is quite frankly one of the best little hatchs you can buy and i found it so much better than both the gtis i have driven

the one that you test drove isnt the one i sent you in PM a while ago is it?

I would have loved to have looked at the SportKa, especially considering how cheap they are, but she was having none of it. Personally I'd prefer her in the Panda though, bit safer, more modern.

As for the one I test drove, no, don't think it was the one you sent me, this was fresh in as a p/x. Was good, engine still felt a little tight (I've always thought Fiats took longer to wear in personally) but it just loved to rev.

Yeah fair enough i physically cannot comment on driveabiltly.

But for the simple fact of.

What car you got mate...

Ah, erm... a fiat panda.

I kno what id rather have.

one you got a lot for your money and good build quality, the other you got ripped off

no offence to you here Andy i know you still love your gti but every time i see one for sale although i like them you get stuff all for your money, the steering feel is crap and the panda i feel is better although it is false when really pressing on hard

and Yes the Panda i drove hadnt even covered 2k miles yet after not even 10 minutes i was ragging it round to the limiter with ease confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> totally different than tigra 1.8 16v exclusiv i drove the day before which although on 7k miles still felt tight like it was still wearing in blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

i have 3 cars now (had 4 last week) 2 are minis and 1's the arosa which is great but when i want to get work having fun i go in the mini's, everyone at work hates them and thinks im mad for driving them instead of the arosa BUT my point?

people show off too much and snobbery is getting more and more common, at work they see im in a 53 plate arosa and there fine, see im in an e plate or P plate mini and they think im mad, they dont care which is quicker, handles better, gives more enjoyment or inded which is the better car

wayne

yet after not even 10 minutes i was ragging it round to the limiter with ease

The defining characteristic of the Italian engine... I used to love my Fiats before I got into VWs...

Even the little pushrod I had (MK1 Uno) would rev happily. So happily, infact, that I wore aware the points one evening after driving for about 50 miles in third gear doing 65-70. The engne offered no resistance and the stereo was too loud to hear it screaming. I only noticed when it started misfiring. One new dizzy cap and rotor arm later and all was well...

Edited by dxg

one you got a lot for your money and good build quality, the other you got ripped off

no offence to you here Andy i know you still love your gti but every time i see one for sale although i like them you get stuff all for your money, the steering feel is crap and the panda i feel is better although it is false when really pressing on hard

and Yes the Panda i drove hadnt even covered 2k miles yet after not even 10 minutes i was ragging it round to the limiter with ease i have 3 cars now (had 4 last week) 2 are minis and 1's the arosa which is great but when i want to get work having fun i go in the mini's, everyone at work hates them and thinks im mad for driving them instead of the arosa BUT my point?

people show off too much and snobbery is getting more and more common, at work they see im in a 53 plate arosa and there fine, see im in an e plate or P plate mini and they think im mad, they dont care which is quicker, handles better, gives more enjoyment or inded which is the better car

wayne

Fair point's, and i agree with mostly what your saying....But my only agrument is, i wouldnt buy one over a lupo gti.

For the reasons : it's a fiat panda and for the simple reason it looks horrendous, espcially when put agasint a loops gti.

This rule of thumb applys for astra vxr owners.

Yeah fair enough mate your car is rapid.

But what car do you own...

A vaxhall astra

end of....

Edited by ricoshay

Fair point's, and i agree with mostly what your saying....But my only agrument is, i wouldnt buy one over a lupo gti.

For the reasons : it's a fiat panda and for the simple reason it looks horrendous, espcially when put agasint a loops gti.

A vaxhall astra

end of....

a vw lupo is hardly the height of coolness either rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

tell most people you own a lupo and they will call it a girls/gays car.

so what is your point exactly this topic's getting a bit long and pointless for 10k your not going to do better i believe the loop was 12500 (could be wrong) with none of the extra luxuries the panda has maybe not the best car in the world but imo best for the money has some cool gadgets as standard and option list is reasonably priced 500squid for panoramic roof nuff said

A vaxhall astra

end of....

A Golf GTI owner merely owns a Golf, a Focus ST driver merely owns a Focus, an RS4 owner merely owns an A4. I merely own a Lupo and Sarah will merely own a Panda.

I can live with that.

• 1 month later...

Well, its dead on the end of September and we picked up DV57 XHT today!

I actually saw it last week when I popped in to drop the insurance cover note and took a sneaky pic...

n604796674_521660_5303.jpg

Sadly I have no pictures of it today, was cleaning my car so it wouldn't feel left out and ran out of light so I'll take some tomorrow. Looks great though, brilliant parked next to the Lupo.

Sarah had a good drive back home, she loves it, I haven't actually had a go as we drove over and I drove back in the Lupo but tomorrow I'm planning to take it out. EVO stickers is in the back already and things like the Bluetooth phone and MP3 stereo are nice additions, particular the phone kit.

Looked great on the road on the way back too, had a good gawp all the way. :)

Can't recommend that dealer enough, rare enough to find a Fiat dealer who is keen to sell cars, let alone one that can do it in a modern and professional manner.

Pics tomorrow.

Love the colour. I always loved the willingness of the FIAT engines, and the driving position suits me so much more than VWs.

Hope you Sarah enjoys and lets you clean it once in a while!

R

I must admit, the driving position is probably the worst thing about it, too high but by no means a deal breaker really as most cars in that price range suffer the same problem.

I've already been cleaning the flys off it, as if there was any doubt who would be looking after it! :)

a vw lupo is hardly the height of coolness either

tell most people you own a lupo and they will call it a girls/gays car.

Id say theyre pretty cool TBH, mordern MK1 Golfs. Going to be a classic im sure of it, and anyone who slags you off for owning one most probably has unimaginative taste, and is probably also called Dave :lol:

after2.jpg

A few pics I took after cleaning my car. Had always thought of my car as being grey until we parked the Panda next to it. Looks very blue-ish in this picture.

n604796674_550391_7942.jpg

n604796674_550392_8162.jpg

n604796674_550393_8379.jpg

Have had a good long drive on some of my favourite roads and certainly, lack of grunt aside, it would be a very even match down a twisty road against the Lupo. Steering wise the Lupo feels better as the Panda's is too light, however the Panda seems to grip better and certainly body roll is extremely minimal. Very impressive little car. Makes me want to get coilovers to sort the Lupo's handling.

Engine is a cracker, but still tight. Driving position is too high, but everything else is great, built very well, bluetooth phone is so handy I'm getting one fitted to my Lupo next week, makes a nice little growl and its a bit of a laugh really.