VW Festival (19th Aug)

andyp

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*People can pay on the gate but obv it is more of a bind to the staff.* For those who arent meeting in the layby then please take note of my mobile number as i will have all the stand passes, so u need one of those. then if stuck in q, i can maybe have a wander down and find u...

Ok, being the nice guy i am, i searched through the previous posts and this is the information i found about the layby from two years ago:

THE MEET UP

Ok the meet up before entry is on the A58, in a double layby (both sides of the road). The layby is easy to spot, as it has a big red bus parked in it. It is in the dip in the road. Just south of Wetherby.

Directions

From the North

Turn off A1 at Wetherby, just past new road section, signposted LEEDS A58.

Go round 2 roundabouts on outskirts of Wetherby. Approx 3/4 mile you will go down a dip. Layby on the left.

From the South

Turn off A1 signposted TADCASTER, OTLEY (1 before Wetherby) Join A659. bear left for LEEDS. 1 mile down the road at T Junct, take right for Wetherby. Approx 1 mile up the road is Layby on Left/Right.

Go to googlemaps and type in LS17 9LG, this is the postcode of Harewood House, have a pan around to see where you will be coming from, the above directions should make sense once you have seen where you are going to end up,

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF-8&amp...p;tab=wl&q=

Edited by Adam

good good, i dont plan leaving early, probably need to leave about 5-6ish if its still on until then that is! Just wanted to check so i didnt get trapped in by all the parked cars haha!

There is now a possibility that my car wont be there boohoo.gif due to a massive crack in the windscreen making it unsafe to drive such a distance. Autoglass can not fit me in till next week, RAC said the same until i pleaded with the woman who's trying to get me in on an emergency appointment tomorrow morning. I'll give you all an update tomorrow because if i can't go then someone can have my place on the stand. I will still be there though...somehow. :(

:( Not having much luck are we? Hope you get it sorted, fingers crossed for you.

On a happier note, I have my car back all fixed now. Needs a bloody good wash though, probably end up doing it in the dark tomorrow night.

Thanks, Phil, to say i'm gutted is an understatement. The amount of effort i've put into the car this last week dodging rainstorms to get it to the standard that i'd feel happy with showing people is stupid. I've had it half in and out the garage the last couple of nights doing little bits here and there to tidy things up. I'm really hoping they an fit me in tomorrow.

I'm really pleased your cars back though Phil, what was wrong with it in the end?

oh no :( try some other companies too mate, I used RAC auto windscreens for my car earlier in the year, they were really good and I got it done the next day - could try booking it to a RAC autowindscreens shop - theres one in stafford... you could get it booked and drive here tomorrow beforehand! ;) Hope you get it sorted, really looking forward to tomorrow!

Ok, ive forgotten the CL sign - Jen have u got one?

If so could you bring it!

Btw this is Sarah... can't be bothered to log in as mexxx

It was a worn pinion bearing, nothing to do with it being low apparently. Can't get just the bearing though, so he had to get the full shaft. He said it looked as if the bearing had done 100,000 miles. It hasn't even done 30,000 yet!

All sorted though, so I'm a happy bunny. Now got one evening to get my car up to a standard that I'd be happy you lot seeing it at. Might be a long shot to be honest...

Good news Phil :)

Right, i've managed to locate a windscreen, some technicians and a station that'll do it this afternoon after being on the phone to the RAC for about 45 mins. So hopefully everything should be well :D

If anyone is in the same situation, don't bother phoning Autoglass they're a pile of ****, the call center staff are dim and unhelpful. Phone the RAC they went completely out of their way to help me, to the point that i'm going to write a letter :)