VW Festival (19th Aug)

andyp

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a good day out, early start but worth it once we got there. It was nice to have a proper nosey round other peoples cars too B) .

Yeah, it was a good day, I enjoyed it. Nice to meet some new faces, not fussed on the ones I already knew. :P;)

;)

This was one of my favourites, one of a few raven blue gti's dotted around the show:

DSC01559.jpg

:wub:

I don't care if the weather was less than favourable, for me that show was awesome and i'll definitely be going next year.

It was really nice to speak all the new people who i've been wanting to meet for ages, the cars were really good quality it's nice to see the work in progress :)

Andrew, those seats :wub: I absolutely love your car.

Phil, your wheels, your bonnet it all works so well you should be really proud of it :)

All in all a great weekend :D

Here are the days photos from me :)

Click for all my photos

Here are few of the best

1173475693_4de26d8015.jpg

1174436874_f65b93ec2a.jpg

1174292902_4b73d89536.jpg

1174211894_8efda09334.jpg

Great weekend even if it did rain loads, and turn the show into a mud bath.

Nice to meet all the northerners :P first show we've been to 'up north', definately do it again.

thanks luke! - like i say its nice to know that others like what they see and get a kick out of it, especially with the quality of cars on show. still need to do a few things but im really enjoying my car at the minute! ....seeing yours makes me think i need to keep up mind! you have exquisite taste my friend!

being honest i didnt enjoy it as much as last year but i think that it was mostly down to the weather, and the fact we were in a different part of the estate. i still enjoyed it hopefully i will get to have a look around all of the cars next year!

Haha, don't worry about it Andy, it all worked out in the end :)

I don't think with the weather that anyone was really that fussed, a lot of work goes into the organising a club at a show and i think a few little glitches today shouldn't detract from that :)

Edited by db

Andy, you did a top job.

I think every show we've ever been to has had some kind of hiccup. And if we'd have got there for 8.30am we'd have all left earlier after a morning of rain.

Yea was a good day, soz i bailed on you guys early i had to get back for work.

ill get my pictures uploaded tomorrow asi have only just finished and am off to bed now :closedeyes:

nice meeting all of you, only knew a couple of people before hand.

im alive! OMG! i never thought id get home... im so pi**ed i missed the show! how was it? i think i saw u jen n a silver lupo pull up last nite? ive had the worst b.day eva because ive bin ill for the past 5days! :( wen is the next show?

Dom! We wondered where the hell you go to. Yep you probably saw three loops causing mayhem in the carpark last night about 10pm. Us, Luke(db) and Pete in a Green sport.

Did you not make he show at all? it was pretty damn good, good turn out, and a nice variety of cars to drool over

no put it this way i heard u guys pull up and was guna cum out to meet u but the the loo had me for most of the night and i didnt leave till 12 n had to keep stoppin because i wasnt well :( propper gutted tho because i drove all the way feelin ok but just cuddnt get up today because i had no energy n the strength i had was only so 2 go to the loo lol sorry to b crude lol

It was a great show, just a shame about the mud, but it kinda added to the fun of it and you just had to laugh about it. I didn't get to meet everybody as it was a huge turnout, but there was some really lovely Lupo's there, so i think we did ourselves proud in that department!

I'll upload my pics by tomorrow, to be honest i only took one of the Lupo stand and im not sure why?! :s I think it was because i was infactuated with the 3 TTs at the show and shine, convertible TT with a hard top is the way forward!

yeah it was a good show and a good turn out to say the weather wasn't the best. Anyone else get stuck there apart from me in the morning.

Anyone else just spent as long as me jet washing all the mud out from the arches and under the car?! Must have just spent about hour and half doing it. I can't complain though, I didn't get stuck like some :lol: