North East road trip

Philplop

Looking forward to seeing some pictures!! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good day lads, enjoyed it.

Anybody spot that MX5 painted in GT40 Gulf colours on the way home? wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

I found these threads over on PistonHeads about the TVR meet:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...=0&t=391462

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...=0&t=391467

was a good day, nice weather too.

i never saw that phill, but i did see you take the slip road off for sunderland - then turn back around the roundabout back towards the a1! ............you never seen me like, i ended up miles behind because of all that traffic around the metro centre / team valley.

Yeah, the road was closed off and I didn't notice the diversion signs. Had to turn round again and go straight over the roundabout.

I saw you in my mirror earlier on up the A1, I thought you were in front at first. I was stuck in the middle, cos Chris was quite a way infront of me. I got fed up after the traffic so put my foot down a bit.

Less chat more pics! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I didn't take any pictures, couldn't be arsed to get the camera out of the boot, and Chris260's always come out better anyway, I'll just pinch his! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Aye i'll get my pics up tomorrow some time, didn't take many this time. Was a good day out! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

aye that re-trim is awesome. it makes a nice contrast with the black paint...... i want mine done! wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

Had a nice drive across that slipway, weather was great.

I didnt take any photos either, definitely best just to wait for Chris260's!

Good day lads, enjoyed it.

Anybody spot that MX5 painted in GT40 Gulf colours on the way home? wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

I found these threads over on PistonHeads about the TVR meet:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...=0&t=391462

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...=0&t=391467

Well I saw an MX5 with black wheels with a red lip :S .

Well I saw an MX5 with black wheels with a red lip :S .

The *******!

This one was fully painted in the Gulf colours, the light blue with the big orange stripe up the middle, with the other decals on too. I could see it coming in the distance, heading towards me. I thought 'A GT40 replica!', then it turned out to be an MX5. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I it was a nice day for a drive out and good to meet some of club lupo even if i was a bit late !!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

The *******!

This one was fully painted in the Gulf colours, the light blue with the big orange stripe up the middle, with the other decals on too. I could see it coming in the distance, heading towards me. I thought 'A GT40 replica!', then it turned out to be an MX5. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Yeah i saw it and thought ooh what's that, was disappointed!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Here's some photo's then....

IMG_7530_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_7532_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_7533_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_7536_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_7538_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_7541_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_7542_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_7543_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Cool photos and that retrim looks a bit of alreet like! Whens the next outing then? I'll make sure im not at work for this one biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

It was a realy good day out. Nice weather, expensive fish and chips and a couple of pints. Good to finally meet some of you and put faces to names. Also pleased you all liked the retrim, wasnt sure what peoples reactions would be, especially to the head lining. Looking forward to the next meet, my vote is for end of next month, drive up to Alston! Any thoughts?

Looking forward to the next meet, my vote is for end of next month, drive up to Alston! Any thoughts?

Where is that confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

I vote Buttertubs pass swerve.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":swerve:" border="0" alt="swerve.gif" />

Is indeed a very smart interior, love the detail thats even gone into the parcel shelf shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

I vote Buttertubs too!

Nah, I meant the 689! Crook to Stanhope to Alston!

Both roads=great drive. Buttertubs are also great roads, but i do think a road trip once per month is great idea through-out the summer months.

lowered stuff may struggle , but i agree is well coolio