is this normal tyre wear...?

Had the camber set ages ago when I fitted the springs, however the alignment is defo out.

Is this normal tyre wear for Toyos ie the tread on both the outer sides wears down first before the "V" in the middle??

Has the alignment got to do with it or is it just my driving?

Thanks Photo-0026.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Photo-0025.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

This one isnt as bad - but its getting there:-

Photo-0023.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Isn't wear on the outside due to under-inflated tyres?

Over-inflated tyres wear more in the centre...

I agree with the lady in the red Arosa!

...and I would say they're not legal.

R

Edited by Silver!

nah mate aparently the t1 r's had a 'limp' tyre wall and a softer compound on the outside for better cornering, that wear is pretty normal with them aparently, thats why toyo brought (or bringing) out the t2's with a harder outside compound of rubber on the outside for better lasting.

hope that clears it up....and if any1 thinks im talking ***** - the tyre guys in demon tweaks told me this a few months ago.

my t1r wear out evenly. from previous tyres if i notice them wearing out on outside or inside 1st i alter the pressure to balance it out so i get my moneys worth till their worn out.

the new toyo proxes 4 will be out in 195/45/15 size later this year for those that dont fancy the 50 profile.

62st.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by qually

my t1r wear out evenly. from previous tyres if i notice them wearing out on outside or inside 1st i alter the pressure to balance it out so i get my moneys worth till their worn out.

i think hard cornering and general quick driving amplifies the problem. maybe you take it more easy qually!? shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Just looked at this post again, as soon as the pictures came up I thought doh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":doh:" border="0" alt="doh.gif" />.

Yeah, under-inflated.

i think hard cornering and general quick driving amplifies the problem. maybe you take it more easy qually!? shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

i wouldnt admit to that for sure. they may wear out there faster but as said i check the tyres often and compensate. before my lupo i used to run my tyres quite abit over stock pressure for the feel, so may not have shown up shoulder wear that much.

I see loads of cars with soft tyres, people dont check them enough. Soft tyres use more fuel, make the steering less precise, wear tyres much faster, greater risk of blow outs and punctures.

It only take 2 mins every few weeks to check them and keep the tyres in good nick

Some tyres do have soft sidewalls though, which i dont see why, harder sidewalls give better steering feel and grip as the tyre flexes less.

Edit: your tyres look more worn o the inside edges so it could be down to tracking.

Edited by cardaft

I'd forgotten how good this forum is! Thanks for all your help folks.

I do run them soft sometimes will need to check them more regularly as suggested. Although I do think the Toyos have softer side walls, obv. the combination of low pressure and this has led to the tyre wear.

Not going to use them anymore, one is flat anyway so going to move onto a new set of Yokohomas give them a try.

Thanks again.

nah mate aparently the t1 r's had a 'limp' tyre wall and a softer compound on the outside for better cornering, that wear is pretty normal with them aparently, thats why toyo brought (or bringing) out the t2's with a harder outside compound of rubber on the outside for better lasting.

hope that clears it up....and if any1 thinks im talking ***** - the tyre guys in demon tweaks told me this a few months ago.

I think your talking **** to be honest. My t1 r's have worn evenly.

I think your talking **** to be honest. My t1 r's have worn evenly.

good for you mate. to be honest i said it was common i didnt say it was fact. but wel done on your tyres.