Audi wheels on and off again... G60 time... :)

dannywhiteley

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheels should look really good on, same colour scheme as the new APR MK5 GTI! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Ok, so here we go. This is my Lupo 1.4 Sport 100bhp (titled the GT in Europe, hence the badge 2by0.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

3zi6.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

4uu7.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

5rx6.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

6gb4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

7aq6.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

8tz0.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

9hn5.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

10yl2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

11rf8.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

12lt9.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

And parked up at home (side of the road 13ws2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by dannywhiteley

very very nice I like what you've done smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> looking awesome smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

One thing though... them rear badges don't look at the same level in pics, and the 16V badge looks nearer the centre than on normal Lupo Sports, any chance you could sort that out?

One idea is you could put GT 16V together under neath the VW badge but above the tailgate release, I reckon that would look ace smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Pete

Lol, cheers for the replies guys, good and bad.

Personally, im 'getting used' to it, shall we say. When I first put the wheels on, there wasnt the major WOW factor I was expecting, not that Mike didnt do an amazing job with them, just that I think it was cos it looked so different.

Ive just done 350 miles in the last two days in it, got them nice and run in, not quite so shiny and new, and Im starting to love the look. Its not quite so bright and a bit more subtle (good excuse for not cleaning it...lol)

Cant go any lower unfortunately. The miles ive just done, have been down to a site visit to a job of ours on the Norfolk Broads, and some of the access tracks to the sites I couldnt manage as it is, and its not even that low.

To finish (if you can ever say that) ive got a set of Lupo GTI aero wipers waiting at the post office along with a stubby driver mirror (euro passenger) that need to be fitted. Also gonna debadge and spray the rear VW badge black.

Oh, and if anyone has any 15 or 20mm spacers give me a shout. I want to space the rears out a touch to reduce the offset and fill the arch better.

Edited by dannywhiteley

How about detailing, the sides of the front and rear badge red (the vw ones that is)!

Wont seems as harsh as the full badge, but straight on front and rear there isnt much red, apart from the rear lights!

Love the rest of the car, if you told some one about it who hadnt seen it, im sure it would seem OTT, but i think it works nicely!

shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />